Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Basra1122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2016, 01:34 PM
    Haram or halal
    I want to ask that I got degree from university but one subject exam was given by my brother instead of me and I paid money to someone who allowed him to sat in exam instead of me.
    My Q is it haram to use that degree to get job as I already repented that it was wrong act.
    Kindly guide me in the light of Islam.

Thanks
    Mohammad Ibrahim
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2016, 04:17 PM
    You did not truly earn that degree.

The proper and honest thing to do, return to the university, confess the sin. Ask if you can retake that course and earn the grade on your own.

If not, do not claim this degree to be yours, it is not.
    Basra1122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2016, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You did not truly earn that degree.

The proper and honest thing to do, return to the university, confess the sin. Ask if you can retake that course and earn the grade on your own.

If not, do not claim this degree to be yours, it is not.
    I already accept that I was wrong way to earn it. I want Islamic point of view with references.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2016, 10:25 AM
    I agree with Fr_Chuck,

It doesn't make difference in Islam or any other religion, cheating, stealing, lying and all wrong doing are not allowed, if you accepted wrong doing then do what Fr_Chuck suggested, good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Basra1122 View Post
    I already accept that I was wrong way to earn it. I want Islamic point of view with references.
    I would consult with your local religious leader and follow his guidance in this matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Halal or haram [ 1 Answers ]

Is dichlorobenzyl alcohol halal or haram?

I have doubt whether eating Shark is haram or halal for muslims. If haram please explain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a doubt whether eating Shark is haram or halal for muslims. If haram please explain.. thank you

Do the chocalates have Halal and Haram? [ 1 Answers ]

Iam Ismath fathima.Im from Sri lanka.Mostly I search the Halal and Haram from ood which are made by chicken and meat only.Do I have to search them from the all meals?I mean all kind of chocalates ,drink items etc.it is not possible me to find from the all kind of meals.if I follow this halal and...

View more questions Search