Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jan VanWagner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2016, 01:11 PM
    My john deere riding mower would not restart after making a stop- now it won't PUSH
    My John Deere riding mower is stuck in the yard. It has a fresh battery, was running normally and stopped & started several times. The last time I attempted to start it- no response. The lights still work, but no sounds of starting. I tried to push it and it won't push. Yes, I pulled out the lever to release & made sure the brakes were off.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 23, 2016, 09:14 AM
    Hi,
    Just because the brakes are "off" does not mean they cannot stick on. The hydro disengagement rod will do nothing if not hooked up(I have seen that before.) Look through the right side past the rear wheel/tire(in front or behind) see the action of the rod as well as the disengagement of the drive belt tension.
    In a pinch you can remove one rear wheel(does not matter which) and remove the key that locks the wheel to the axle. This will allow the machine to be pushed since the wheel will spin one way and the axle the other on the side you did that on. Of course, jacj up the machine before doing this and do not forget to put the key back in for operation once the cause is found.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere riding mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deere LA150 will not start, tries to turn over... I put a new fuel filter on, no luck... Please help...

John deere riding lawn mower won't start? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2006 John Deere small riding tractor with a 20 hp Briggs twin engine (2006) the other day it started ran and stopped as if I turned off the key. It will turn over, but not start?

John Deere riding lawn mower won't start? [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower LA100 will not start? I have replaced the starter, solenoid, relay switch, ignition switch, placed a new battery on and all it does is click in the solenoid.

John Deere riding mower LA105 won't run [ 1 Answers ]

My JD LA105 dies when I engage the mower blades. I am sitting and the seat and the back up switches are working OK. I already replaced the switch near the attachment engagement lever.

John Deere Riding Mower LT166.won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

It has a brand new battery... new fuel filter since old one was all sludge filled... Husband says it doesn't seem to be getting any gas... can't find any cracks in hoses Any suggestions?

View more questions Search