Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Apr 13, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls
    I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years ago I almost lost my son and I just noticed what a blessing children are. He was in NICU for 18 days but now you would never know. Anyway let me know ways I can help and if you would keep her and her husband in your prayers to that would help also.
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Apr 13, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Has she had a chance to talk to other mothers that have lost children? I know it helps me to talk to someone that has endured a struggle and survived.

You have my prayers, God Bless.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 06:16 PM
    There are many online sites that may help. I used forums similar to this one after I miscarried, and after I was a surrogate for my sister...
    momtofour Posts: 48, Reputation: 16

May 7, 2007, 08:56 AM
    That is a very sad story. I know how she must feel. I was pregnant with identical twins and they were born 3 months premature, one living and one stillborn. My son was in the NICU for 30 days before he passed away. They had a rare genetic disorder as well as twin to twin transfusion. THis was the hardest time of my LIFE. I took two months off from my job and essentially cried for two straight months. Some days I couldn't get out of bed. We had a wonderful nurse who cared for my son for those 30 days and she was a great support for me and continued to be so for the next few years. My family was great but they didn't really understand the pain. I would have to say that I am still not over it but I have come to terms with it. We went on to have two miscarriages after that. We now have two beautiful healthy children.

The best advise I can give is to be supportive, be there for her when she needs you and just listen to her. Don't offer advise, just listen. A friend of mine called me two months after I lost my boys and told me she was pregnant with twins, it just devastated me and to this day I can't seem to forgive her for not waiting a little longer to share the news.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
    The hospital where she delivered may have a bereavement counselor. My sister-in-law is an RN and she did that kind of counseling for several years. She had to transfer over to lactation consultant for a few years because it is very emotionally demanding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had a baby boy then two miscarriages [ 2 Answers ]

My misscarages I was about 12 weeks the heart just stopped both times. I am 38. Is it still likely I will carry one more baby to full term. I heard after having a boy it is more easy to misscarry is that true? My other children were girls, before the boy. We wanted to try for one more boy before I...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Conceiving a baby boy [ 15 Answers ]

Hi , I have a girl baby & desire my next child could be a boy . I have heard that a diet rich in potassium , magnesium and high in sodium helps conceiving a male child , I would like to know how true is it ? Kingly also suggest any other ways which could be helpful to me conceiving a baby boy ....

Baby 6 months & Still No Period... [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone has any info that might help me out. I gave birth 6 months ago by C-section because my baby was breech. He was also 5 weeks premature. The placenta was embedded in the wall of my uterus. The OB/GYN said this was due to a procedure I had many years ago called thermal...

Baby Boy [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old boy who eats stones and soil. I have tried giving him liver meat but he refuses to eat it. Why is he doing this and am worried that it might bring a problem in the long run.

View more questions Search