Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgatnr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2016, 05:39 AM
    Slow internet for gaming
    Hello, Me and my friend wanted to play black ops on the playstation, but his internet is slow so he gets the "closed NAT type" and he can't join me, they have also tried using their mobile hotspot but they still get the closed NAT type, how can we get a moderate or open NAT type for them?
    Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 4, 2016, 01:18 PM
    What type of connection speed does your freind have at his house? If you want to play 1v1 then one of you could go to the others house and hook the systems directly. (lan connection)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2016, 08:41 AM
    I ran across these interesting tutorials and articles. Hope they help.

Solved: NAT Type 2 Tutorial - PlayStation® Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrSGUl9ITJQ

And you can scroll through this site for other related links.

Open Nat Type [Solved] - Gaming - Wireless Networking
    tgatnr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2016, 08:09 AM
    We were planning on playing online together on a team, He told me he has a real slow connection with the router

Thanks, I'll try these out and see what happens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow INternet [ 4 Answers ]

Lately ( about 2 weeks ago from now) I noticed that the Internet was getting slower. I tried a speed test (Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test) and found that my download speed is 6 Mbps while in fact I pay for 12 Mpbs which means half the speed. Not only but an downloadable online...

Internet going too slow.help please [ 2 Answers ]

My internet explorer is going very slowly. It sends the "parcels" but only receives 50% of them and sometimes even less. I have contacted my ISP but they say that the connections are fine. This is my desktop which has the problem but another laptop has no problems as I checked both the broadband...

Slow internet Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Italy and until recently I have had a pretty fast internet connection, but now it is very slow especially with some sites. I tested my connection speed and it is fine -- even fast, but when I connect to many sites, it takes a long time while the browser "looks up the site". What...

Internet is slow when using AOL [ 2 Answers ]

My internet is slow when I use AOL, is there something I can do short of using some other type of browser? We don't want to change our email addresses. Thanks.

Slow internet [ 4 Answers ]

When I first got my internet it was so fast and now after just a few months it's so slow it takes like 15 min just to load my home page.Please tell me how I can speed it up or what may be causing it to run so slow. Thank you

View more questions Search