Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwinceFL Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2016, 08:09 AM
    Need help with form updating table content
    I am using MS Access 2007 under MS Windows 7 Home Premium. I am having a problem with updating a table record in my Lending Library system. I have a multi-form which is based on tblAssets, which contains records of information relating to each asset. This main form uses a combo box for entering an AssetID either by keying in or selecting from a pull-down menu. The row source for this main form selects all fields from tblAssets and specifically uses an embedded macro at After Update to SearchForRecord by AssetID as entered in the combo box. This populates fields in the main form to identify the selected asset, including the OnHand field, in which Yes/No confirms the items availability. This also activates the subform, which is based on tblAssetsLoaned, and brings up a NEW record, which is partially populated with selected fields from tblAssets. When the BorrowerID (from tblBorrower) is keyed into the subform, the NEW record changes to next one available in tblAssetsLoaned and the record is updated. Finally, a button on the main form can be selected to view the checkout document created to complete the transaction. All this works fine, except for one critical detail, which is my problem. The OnHand status of this asset in tblAssets has not been updated to show it is no longer available. I would appreciate help in guiding me to solving my dilemma. How do I make this update happen? I would expect this solution procedure could be reversed via a separate form, when the item is returned, to update tblAssets to OnHand availability again.

Check out some similar questions!

Form/ Table validation rule - not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Scott, on my form I have a combo box cmbMgSO4 with values “Yes”; “No” If the user selects Yes, then the text box txtExtra must not be null. The user must provide the dose. For this, I have the validation rule: ...

Problem using a Pivot Table Form as a Sub-Form -- Access 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

I made a Pivot Table Form using the Pivot Table Wizard in Access 2003. It works great when opened.as a form. But when used as a sub-form, only the data columns appear. The Row Heading column is missing. The sub-form is not linked to a child field on the main form. Has anyone seen this...

How to prepare a balance sheet in proper form and content? [ 1 Answers ]

How to prepare a balance sheet in proper form and content?

Which table to create main form [ 3 Answers ]

I have created the following tables per a response from Scottgem at to another user asking about creating a Access Database for a survey. My database has 26 questions with answers range being not very true to verry true with a couple simple yes no answers. Where I am stumped is how to display...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.