Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fivos Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2016, 05:05 AM
    When you go to a café,bar,restaurant,public place do you find it troublesome to put a

When You Go To A Cafe,bar,restaurant,public Place Do You Find It Troublesome To Put Away/store Your Bag/purse And Still Have It Close By?

This is a question to get more insight on the matter, this info will be crucial in conducting research for my thesis. Thanks to everyone who answers

Apr 1, 2016, 05:11 AM
    When you go to a café,public place do you find it troublesome to put your bag away?
    This is a question that will give me more insight on the matter, this info will be used in my thesis. Thanks to everyone who answers
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 05:12 AM
    You are writing a thesis and you don't know the difference between the title of something and the content?

Apr 1, 2016, 05:59 AM
    @hkstroud

I'm still getting used to this site. Haven't figured out how to edit my question.
    Btw I posted my question but it was incomplete so yeah..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 06:45 AM
    Post your question completely in the content box.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 1, 2016, 09:04 AM
    I understand! (Use the Answer button bottom left, or Reply arrow bottom right.)

I wear my cloth purse across my body ("cross-body"). Any purses I had in the past, no matter the size or material, I wore the same way. I would not buy a purse than doesn't have a long and adjustable strap. If I'm sitting down in a public place, I keep it that way, and if I'm eating, I put it on the table next to me. It's not very big, and I won't buy a big purse. I will not hang it over the back of my chair, or rest it on the floor, or hang it on a hook in a bathroom stall. Thieves grab in all those situations. I could put it between my feet, but the bag will get dirty pretty fast that way.

Women who lug big purses around aren't the type who are my women friends. They have a kind of fussy, insecure personality, always fussing and searching their purses for some silly thing they don't need. They seem to feel that going somewhere requires bringing every possible item for a sharknado or nuclear winter.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2016, 02:59 PM
    I hang my purse straps over my knee and keep it on the floor in front of me. That way, I do not forget it when I leave, and even though I am most often in restaurants in very busy and crowded downtown Chicago, nothing has ever been stolen.

If I'm going to a bar or other place where I don't want to be managing a purse all night, I skip carrying a purse at all. I carry a lipstick, ID, bank card and cash in my pocket. If I need more stuff than that, I use a purse that I can carry diagonally across my body - hands free - and just wear it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 05:49 PM
    Wherever there's a spot to hang it, I do. If the chair can hold it, I place it on the chair back. If the chair can't hold it, I put it on my knee, or on the bench (if we're sitting on a bench), beside me. I always put it on the hook in the bathroom because the thought of putting it on the floor disgusts me, and the thought of it dangling over my shoulder, squishing my boobs, while I'm trying to use the bathroom, is not one I'm okay with.

I love big purses. Mine is rarely full, but I like to have them. When we go to a convention, or show, it comes in very handy to have a big purse. I can put pamphlets in it, samples, a water bottle for when the family gets thirsty, some snacks so we don't have to buy food at the event, and more. Joy may find that to be fussy, or the sign of an insecure personality, but she probably doesn't go out much, at least not to events where she'd appreciate having a larger purse to hold the things you may need. Why pay $5 for a bottled water when you can buy a case and just put a few bottles in your purse, enough for 4 people? Why spend $3 for a chocolate bar when you can get three for that price at Dollarama and put them in your purse? It's called being practical, and when you have kids, it's all about being practical.

When my kids were babies my purse doubled as a diaper bag. I didn't want to carry both. So I bought big purses and I'd fill them with both the necessities (wallet, comb, lip gloss, kleenex), and the baby stuff (diapers, diaper cream, change pad, change of clothes, wet wipes, bottle, toy, snack). It was great, and I still love having a big purse now for when we go out, because I always end up carrying everything.

But hanging my purse on chairs or bathroom doors, not a big deal. I never carry cash, I use debit. So even if my bag was stolen, not a big deal at all. I just cancel my cards, and that's it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens when an employee of a bar is arrested for public intoxication [ 1 Answers ]

What happens when a bar owner is arrested for public intoxication on the bar proberty or even an employee

Looking To Invest In Small Local Restaurant/Bar [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and this is my very first question. I came here because I really don't know how to go about this --hopefully someone here can help (I hope this is the correct topic to post this under): I am a professional musician that has made my living performing primarily in...

I want to open a bar and restaurant, what and all I have to do [ 2 Answers ]

Hello sir/madam, I wish to open a bar and restaurent in my native place, for this to whom and all should I contact to get license? What will be the process that has to be followed to setup my business, approximately how much can it cost? Please help me in this.. Thanks in advance, Prashant

My start bar ( task bar ) is in the wrong place [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was playing on my PC and my start bar or task bar is now up the right hand side of my screen, I don't know how I did it is there away to put it back to the bottom left (original place ) please help its annoying:mad: Thanks in advance Mike:)

View more questions Search