Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Believeinurself Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2016, 03:43 AM
    18 yrs old still sciatica even after microdisectomy
    Hi I'm 18 yrs old male.I had microdisectomy 1 week ago and I still have sciatica,I'm walking 10-15 minutes a day,doc said surgery went great but I'm feeling worse.I read that people get instant relief but that's definitely not me.I would like to hear anyone experience with microdisectomy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2016, 04:50 AM
    You need to discuss your problems with your surgeon.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 30, 2016, 09:22 AM
    ONE week ago?? Goodness. Keep doing all you were suggested to do, and be a bit more patient.
    My sciatic nerve is fine - it's all the others that are wreaking havoc in my lower torso and legs... heat and gentle motion are my 2 best friends. All the latest surgery techniques in the world are no good if you tend to do things that led to sciatica in the first place.
    The biggest culprit these days is how people sit at their computers.
    Back straight, evenly distributed weight, feet flat on floor symmetrically, upper body straight too, not so much as a lean to one side (people tend to lean away from their mouse hand side). Get up and move around every 20 minutes. Sit on a heating pad.
    I could go on all day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have sciatica? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old female and I work in a restaurant that has concrete floors. I have severe back pain most days when I get home from work. The pain is on the left side of my lower back and extends down my buttock. It is hard to walk after working for more than a few hours. It is also hard for...

Sciatica healing? [ 14 Answers ]

I've had sciatica (self diagnosis) for about two and a half months. I was a powerlifter and I've had a couple back injuries before from powerlifting but one day I started to feel a pain in my left butt cheek. It progress down my leg to about the top of my calf. The pain was bad enough for me to...

Sciatica treatments [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with sciatica. Even though I wasn't told which type of sciatica I have, I can narrow it down. It was caused by a trauma, so it's not degenerative or genetic. Every so often, it acts up. If I bend wrong or in the wrong direction or pick something up wrong or...

Sciatica hurts [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding healing the sciatic nerve? I'm in pain most of the time. Chiropractors & strong pain killers have not been effective

Sciatica [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope I spelled it right, I get this pain just above my buttocks /lower back and the doc says sciatica and there is nothing I can do about it only live with, iam 54 years old male ,I am pretty fit just maybe 16 punds over weight any help appreciated regds mike

View more questions Search