Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maya H Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2016, 05:34 AM
    What is considered a panic attack?
    I just got out of a mental hospital and I was not able to talk to my doctor before I left so I'm hoping someone can help me. The night before I got out I think I had a panic attack but I'm not sure if it was that or just a bad flashback. A couple kids started screaming things that my abuser did. The things they said weren't directed at me but they triggered memories and I started panicking. My heart started racing, I had trouble breathing, I was shaking, and I thought I would die. I have never felt this before. The closest I have been was last night where my heart was racing and I was shaking really bad because of a dream. Is this what a panic attack feels like or is it just PTSD symptoms?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 29, 2016, 05:45 AM
    I am presuming that your discharge from the hospital, included some sort of plan. For example, medication, support, phone numbers, etc.

I don't know why you would try to diagnose yourself, with a situation that was so upsetting to you just after you left the hospital.

It is important that you contact those involved in your care, outside the hospital. It might be a good idea to see and speak to a professional, who can better help you with your concerns and experiences.

In the meanwhile, be prepared by maybe writing out the experience you described here, or, print a copy of your question, and bring it with you when you make an appointment to see someone.

If you are in any doubt at all about what to do, or where to see help, contact your Physician to discharged you, for guidance.

Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic attack? [ 18 Answers ]

I have been experiencing what I think are panic attacks. In times of stress, or worry, I will start to feel very anxious. Have palpitations , feel sick to my stomach( often accompanied by bowel movements), and feel the need to leave the area. Often, when I arrive home I feel better. There is no...

What is the difference between panic attack and anxiety attack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this happen twice dizziness along with sweat diarrhea and nausea I thought I was going to die. It wasn't food poison. I have a lot of stress the last time I was watching a horrible movie.

Panic attack or something serious [ 2 Answers ]

I will try to be as detailed as possible, and am sorry if it is too much information. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DIAGNOSIS BUT RATHER SHOULD I WAIT OR GO TO THE ER? I was out walking my dog and when we were almost home I started getting short of breath, pain in right side of chest and shoulder. ...

Is this a panic attack [ 28 Answers ]

I wake up in the middle of the night with a high heart rate and shaking I'm currently suffering from stress and has recently seen a nurologist to check for growths but the tests she performed said I didn't have one she also told me that an mri or ct scan are not needed she said people who have...

View more questions Search