Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvshooter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2016, 12:21 PM
    Wi/fi extender issue
    I have a Magnavox MBP5130/f7 Blu-Ray player with internet streaming capabilities (Netflix, etc). I recently bought a Linksys wi-fi extender to improve internet range throughout the house. The problem is, the extender is causing the Blu-Ray player to fail connecting to the internet. When I go into the Blu-Ray's wireless setup, it shows it is seeing my wi-fi network twice (presumably the router itself and the signal from the extender). I have gone into each of them on the Blu-Ray and put all the correct info in, but the Blu-Ray still displays a "can't connect to the internet" message. I know it's related to the extender because when I unplug it, the Blu-Ray can then connect to the net. Not using the extender is not an option as it's needed to extend the wifi to a security camera on the far end of the house. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 26, 2016, 01:32 PM
    For the purpose of the connection to internet you would delet your primary connection from the bluray player. Then use the extended as the primary connection to the unit. Also are the names of the units different ?
    tvshooter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2016, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    For the purpose of the connection to internet you would delet your primary connection from the bluray player. Then use the extended as the primary connection to the unit. Also are the names of the units different ?
    No, they aren't, so I went in and made them different and that seemed to rectify the problem. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wifi Extender [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Netgear wifi extender, and got it connected to my wifi router before, but multiple times it has disconnected from the router, and I have been able to reconnect it to the router, now it disconnected from the router and I can't get it to connect to the router again, but it shows the...

Which toilet extender is the best for this job [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install my toilet after a tile installation. The tile floor is about an inch higher than the flange. I am trying to figure out which flange extender kit to use to resolve this problem. Here are my choices as I see them. (1) use a double wax seal, but I don't have confidence this...

Flange extender [ 2 Answers ]

I like the extender but where do I buy one?

Down-rod extender [ 1 Answers ]

Do I use the extendor along with the shorter one that came with the fan?

Lan Extender [ 1 Answers ]

I am using lan extenders and extending Intranet up to a distance of 6 km. However the link is not reliable and sync alarm glows in between.I would like to know how can I enhance the efficiency of this link. Adhish

View more questions Search