Ask
    tipperary7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 02:48 PM
    Cooking haddock
    Is there a way to cook haddock to make it more interesting
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 25, 2016, 04:00 PM
    Brown it in butter for less than a minute each side, put a tiny amount of white wine or lemon in the pan, take off the heat, and cover.
    The fish will cook off heat for 20-30 minutes in a style very much like ceviche, which is fish cooked in acids like lemon or lime with no heat at all.
    Meanwhile make a cream sauce. Add something for interesting color, like a little pureed pimentos.
    Heat the fish again just to make sure it's done through, and warm.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2016, 10:54 AM
    Haddock is similar to halibut. I actually prefer it over halibut. I have never cooked it longer then 20 minutes, but depends really on the thickness. Haddock is a 'stand alone' fish not needing much embellishment but if you need a bit, serve with lemon and parsley.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2016, 03:10 PM
    Have to revise this cause just cooked haddock in butter and olive oil. Butter does not burn when olive oil is added. Ten minutes in parsley... Served with wild rice, excellent.

Really joy, have you ever cooked haddock.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 29, 2016, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Brown it in butter for less than a minute each side, put a tiny amount of white wine or lemon in the pan, take off the heat, and cover.
    The fish will cook off heat for 20-30 minutes in a style very much like ceviche, which is fish cooked in acids like lemon or lime with no heat at all.
    Meanwhile make a cream sauce. Add something for interesting color, like a little pureed pimentos.
    Heat the fish again just to make sure it's done through, and warm.
    You're making me crave this, and I'm not a big fish eater. Haddock isn't easily found where I live, but I may have to look harder now. Your recipe sounds too yummy to ignore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking [ 1 Answers ]

Do you need to cook packaged artificial crabmeant

Cooking [ 2 Answers ]

My Grandmother used to make me homemade potato chips Anyone have a recipe or method for making homemade potato chips? Lshadylady

Cooking is . [ 3 Answers ]

Cooking is... A Good Way to Excel Creativity & Relaxation Fun & Enjoyable Interesting When I Have a Lot of Time Depressing as Every time I Want to Cook Something, Something Goes Wrong Absolutely Horrible & A Pain in the Butt to Me Which one or more do you identify...

Cooking for one? [ 8 Answers ]

Just a quick question: My husband is in the military and has been gone for the last 3 months, and won't be home for another month. It is hard enough to cook a meal for only 2 people, but when it is just me it is even harder! I normally cook big meals and bake a lot when he is home, but when it is...

View more questions Search