Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olasnile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 12:45 PM
    Purchased a glacier kitchen faucet set had it installed by a plumber, spray attachmen
    Purchased a Glacier Bay kitchen faucet set, the spray attachment has always leaked, have lost the receipt, we had in installed by a plumber, we don't feel that we should have to buy another because this one is defective, model # is F8FA0041CP, any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank You
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 01:52 PM
    If you purchased it at Home Depot, they can look up past sales using a credit or debit card. Have you contacted customer service at Glacier Bay?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 06:24 PM
    Perhaps it wasn't installed properly. Where did it leak ? From hose-to-faucet body connection under the sink or hose-to-sprayer connection ? Or did it "drip" from the sprayer head itself ? It may be an easy fix.

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2016, 06:26 PM
    I agree with Teacherjenn4, Home depot are good with exchange or return, When was it installed ? If not too long call the plumber he or she may help, also it is a good suggestion to call glacier Bay (Home Depot) customer service at 1-800-466-3337 for help.

Also please respond to Milo's questions,Thanks.

John
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 06:39 PM
    I will just say, this is why, any item with a warranty, should have the papers and receipt saved. Many places may work with you. Others do not. The first issue is to find out why it is leaking.

If it has "always" leaked, why did you pay the plumber and not ask for it to be returned the day he was installing it.

I will also agree, where is it leaking? Is it an issue that some section is not securely installed?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2016, 08:31 AM
    HD and Lowe's aren't where I would go for any plumbing fixture that won't be installed by me. Many of the well known companies that plumbers use for quality have a DIY a pro version for the same model. (I think that Glacier Bay is pretty much low end.)
    The warranty at HD is 90 days. After that, you talk to the manufacturer.
    You say it has always leaked but forgot to tell us how long ago you bought it, when the plumber installed it, and whether or not you contacted the plumber first.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 26, 2016, 08:42 PM
    I tend to agree with Joypulv's response. Home Depot sells both inexpensive and expensive faucets. I would never install Pearless, Glacier Bay or Pegasus faucets as - from my experience - these brands simply do not meet my quality standards. If you really want to buy a good kitchen faucet from Home Depot, than look at faucets - of any brand - priced over $200.00. They say "You get what you paid for" - and it certainly makes sense in this situation

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for replacement glacier bay kitchen facet spray head? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Glacier Bay kitchen facet and would like to replace the spray head. This one is fairly old, but the new style head will be fine.

Have installed cartridge for glacier bay kitchen sink and now the water will not run, [ 1 Answers ]

Fixed leak in kitchen sink by adding a new cartridge and now there is no hot or cold water. Just stopped working. Why?

I installed a new glacier bay model f2010210cp double handle shower faucet. [ 0 Answers ]

. It has a steady stream of water coming out when I connected the water lines. The flow increases when you turn on the faucet. I have looked at the seats and valves... all are clean and in good shape. I would like to know if someone has some info for me. It will not shut off completely. I am trying...

Kitchen Faucet Spray Diverter [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen faucet spray did not work when I moved into my house. I have replaced the faucet, spray hose assembly and also the diverter with new. I have removed the spray from the hose and turned on the water. Water flows out of the faucet and the hose, so there is not blockage. When I put the...

View more questions Search