Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kairowland Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Negative pregnancy test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant?
    I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5 ml/u test results back on Tuesday 10th April, I still feel pregnant, what should I do? My last ectopic did show up on a pregnancy test after 4 days of being late and on a blood test showing levels of 360 ml/u... I hope its not another ectopic and its not developing later in my cycle than the last one. How could I tell if the tests are negative?
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Apr 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
    When did you take the tests? I didn't show positive on a test until I was 10 late for af. I did not have a blood test, and I know those show early than HPT. I can also tell you that the stress of trying to conceive can cause you to miss you cycle even if not pregnant. I completely missed my period and ovulation one month while trying to conceive, and had to be put on meds to get started back up again. All I can say is request another blood test and go from there. Good luck!

Apr 15, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Thank you very much for replying, my blood test was done 4 days after my period was due and the same with the pregnancy tests, I have'nt had any period still and its now 9 days after it was due, but like I have said in an earlier message I did spot for 2 days the week before af was due. But that wasn't usual for me. Did you do pregnancy tests before the 10 days and they were negative, and when you got the positive, have you gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Apr 15, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I took a test at 5 days late and at 7 days late and both were negative. I finally got the faint positive at 10 days and have been to the doctor since. I had one ultrasound when I was supposed to be 7 weeks 4 days, but the u/s revealed that I was about 2 weeks behind. My doctor thinks I ovulated just before I was supposed to start my period rather than mid month. I have another u/s this coming Wed when I will officially be 7w4d to make sure the growth is going well. We did see a heartbeat at 5 weeks 4 days, and I'm still pregnant! I'm very tired, hungry, use the bathroom all the time, a bit constipated, and I have cramps. I wish you all the luck in the world, but try not to get your hopes up too soon. Remember, I did completely miss ovulation and my period one month. Hopefully that is not the case for you. Go back to your doctor and have them do another test. If it comes back negative you can ask him/her to help you get your cycle started back up. It definitely helps move things along! You take meds for 7 days and magically your period arrives. Otherwise it can be another month before you get it. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! ******Baby Dust******

Apr 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Thank you again for a helpful reply, it is frustrating when you feel pregnant and don't seem to get the answer you want. I have a 3 yr old, so I no the symptoms but with him after 3 days late I got a faint positive, but since I have had an ectopic in October, so at the back of my mind I hope its not another one, hence the late hcg level rise, perhaps I'm just wanting it too much and the few days spotting was just an irregular period. Ill keep my fingers crossed and try and forget about it till my next af would be due in 2 weeks and then if that doesn't show do another test. I hope you have a successful pregnancy, sometimes they can get the week gestation wrong and the baby will pick up size in a few more weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed period/negative pregnant test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other...

Negative Blood Test... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. All comments or advise welcome and appreciated! I took a blood test when I was 6 days late. The result was a -. My hCG level was 2. Just wondering if anyone has gotten a negative blood test only to find out they were pregnant or do you know of anyone this has happened to? Blood tests are...

View more questions Search