Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 06:07 AM
    Zen Buddhism
    Zen Buddhism is really good. Although it have the name of Buddhism, actually it is just practice and can add to any religion. I want to completely enter into Zen. But one thing is that some of the zen monks got marriage. I don't have idea why they have wife? Traditional Buddhism don't allow monks to get marriage. Can someone share ideas? Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 10:21 AM
    Actually you can not add Zen to any religion, its concept is not compatible to most other faiths. One would have not really be faithful to their religion to do so.

The concept of Buddhism is to reach a point of control of yourself. Where you are not controlled by bodily urges, such as sex. The Buddhist may have sex, but it is for having children in the family, not for pleasure. Free reach this level.

Relating back to Zen, it is a way of life, and Zen itself does not have a set of rules or dogma. Thus, there are no rules that a priest can not marry as in true Buddhism.

Most of the Zen meditation seen in the Western world, comes more out of Japan, and contains an is influenced by Taoism.

While the monastery monks do not marry. It is common in China to have lay monks, that live by the temple in houses. They work at the temple, care for the grounds, work perhaps in the cemetery. These lay monks do marry and the work at the temple is a family affair. I live near several temples

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creative Zen Codec Issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello unto the list: I am vexed beyond reason! I have recently purchased a Creative Zen music and movie player. It has so far been quite a wonderful little unit until the time came that I wanted to download a movie and put it on the unit. Of course, after spending all day downloading a...

View more questions Search