Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2016, 05:11 PM
    Graphic card & CPU help
    I'm looking to upgrade my graphic card and the cpu on my desktop PC.my graphic card is a PCIEXPRESS GDDR3 and my CPU is LA775 SLOT on a COMPAQ PRESARIO SR2011WM desktop.now as for the games I play on my PC are mostly simulator,racing,and club pogo.I'm not looking for the best hardware but just something that's good speed and a smooth play with no jumping.

Thanks 4 any and all help
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 11:42 AM
    You might want to think of getting a new machine rather then spending on upgrades for this one.

The way it specs out your going to need additional memory and ading it all together it may not be worth it in the long run to upgrade what you have.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 26, 2016, 04:28 PM
    If your present hardware played the games just fine until recently, it may be that your slow downs and jumping during games are not a result of hardware at all. I used to reinstall my OS every 6 months or so until I started doing things in a different way (using a file wiper one pass instead of recycle bin for deleting files, doing regular defragmenting and installing my games on a D drive instead of C to make it easier to keep C clean small and orderly). If it is your system that is slowing things down no amount of additional ram or CPU speed will probably help. Let us know what you do to keep your system in order, like when is the last time you defragmented the drive. Updating graphics drivers without completely deleting the previous ones often causes games not to run as good as when the old drivers were installed as well. Deleting unused programs often helps and not using programs that tend to run in the background also helps. What OS are you running? What antivirus and firewall.
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2016, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    If your present hardware played the games just fine until recently, it may be that your slow downs and jumping during games are not a result of hardware at all. I used to reinstall my OS every 6 months or so until I started doing things in a different way (using a file wiper one pass instead of recycle bin for deleting files, doing regular defragmenting and installing my games on a D drive instead of C to make it easier to keep C clean small and orderly). If it is your system that is slowing things down no amount of additional ram or CPU speed will probably help. Let us know what you do to keep your system in order, like when is the last time you defragmented the drive. Updating graphics drivers without completely deleting the previous ones often causes games not to run as good as when the old drivers were installed as well. Deleting unused programs often helps and not using programs that tend to run in the background also helps. What OS are you running? What antivirus and firewall.
    none of my games play at all on my video card that's why I want to upgrade it but not sure what to buy I'm looking for a middle end card somewhere under $100.so if u can tell me the spec to look for to find that kind of video card I can handle the rest
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 27, 2016, 05:44 AM
    Im going to be quite frank here and say I wouldnt waste my time on that machine. Its just not worth it.

COMPAQ Desktop PC Presario SR2011WM(RF800AS) Celeron D 352 (3.20 GHz) 512 MB DDR2 80 GB HDD Windows XP Media Center

Amazon.com: HP Desktop Core 2 Duo 3.00GHZ 4GB 1TB DVD Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit , WIFI ,19" LCD: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Dell OptiPlex 760 Desktop Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz Processor 4GB Memory 80GB Hard Drive DVD-ROM Genuine Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit 17" Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and Speakers: Computers & Accessories

The links above show that machines are out there for what your willing to pay for a graphics card. Your system specs are so low its just not worth upgrading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low pressure t & s faucet; kitchen & bath sink press. If fine. How to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

Low pressure tub & shower faucet; kitchen sink and bath sink pressure is fine. How do I check the pressure before changing the T & S fixture?

How do I match ohms & amp; watts with a bass amp head and amp; speakers? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to shop for new speaker(s) to use with an amp head that I have and want to know what to look for in specs of watts and ohms so that I don't blow up or fry anything. My head's specs say "120 VAC, 60 Hz, 600 Watts" and under the Biamp (Low/A, High/B) Speaker Output jacks it says "4 Ohm Min....

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

View more questions Search