Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kyle Porter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2016, 02:35 PM
    Where is the filter on my 20+ yr old Goodman gu125-4
    I'm fairly handy and I cannot find where the filter goes on my Goodman gu 125 furnace from the late 90s. Does anyone know if it is underneath or if for some reason it doesn't have one. Reason I ask is because it is not on the side middle or top or really anywhere on the furnace. It may be in the crawl space underneath the house but trying to stay away from there at. Trying 2 get this switched out because it's been a year so. Thanks any help or even a guide would be great
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2016, 02:58 PM
    On those older models the track for the filter may look like part of the housing - and sometimes there's not a track but just a place for the filter to lay.

I'm not finding a schematic for that model; can you attach a pic of what you see when you open the access panel(s)?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2016, 06:26 PM
    You may have a central return filter. Do you have a BIG air return, usually in a central area? Another possible place is right under the burner assembly. I have seen them there on a slide out tray.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace - where is the filter? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change my air filter but I can not locate it on my new Goodman furnace. Where is it located?

Goodman GU125-4 Rev. S [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace does not kick on when dialing thermostat. Tried the following. Jumpered term. R and W and hear a click from the unit but nothing happens. When dialing up thermostat hear same click nothing happens. Tried tripping the breaker for approx. 30sec to no avail. When I dial the nob in the...

Our Goodman furnace Filter [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace in our home is GM # 80904 and don't know how to change the Filter or where its at.

I have goodman GU125- 4 rev s [ 2 Answers ]

When you turn up the heat it fires up heat exchange but just when you think the blower will come on the fire goes out. Any ideas

Goodman Furnace - Filter? [ 10 Answers ]

We just bought a home with a Goodman furnace (either model GMT or GMTH) and I cannot for the life of me figure out where the furnace goes. The unit sits on the floor and draws the return air from duct in the crawlspace. I removed the side panel and there is a label indicating not to install a...

View more questions Search