Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chloewilliamsxx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2016, 11:17 AM
    I don't know what to do with this guy I really like?
    I know this guy from chat. And I really want him to love me, I want to be the one he gets happy when he talks to... But Even though I know he loves me, he tells me to off when we fight and we fight a lot. Last time we fought, I told him not to text me if he's going to say the same things. And now I miss him... I want to fix this but first of all, I don't know if I should stay in some sort of emotionally abusive relationship, and secondly he said my idea of relationship is like a 15 year old, so I don't want to sound needy /childish. What should I do?

-------------
    Thanks for all the answers....and you're right, It wouldn't lead anywhere. I'll try to end it...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
    This guy is only from chat, no real-life being together? And his and your ages?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 11:51 AM
    "I know this guy from chat". Never met yet "And I really want him to love me". So, you fight all the time(on line), that's really a good start and "he said my idea of relationship is like a 15 year old". At this point, I would have guessed maybe 10 or 12 years old. How do you know this person even exists?

Mar 22, 2016, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    This guy is only from chat, no real-life being together? And his and your ages?
    He lives in a different country. He's 19, I'm 18
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 12:11 PM
    How can you fight in chat? About what???

Mar 22, 2016, 12:13 PM
    How can you fight in chat? About what???
    Our relationship is kind of crazy. He likes me, but we can't actually date, so he also sees other girls. And he gets angry when I bring it up. He also is quite moody. Gets angry quite a lot
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloewilliamsxx View Post
    Our relationship is kind of crazy. He likes me, but we can't actually date, so he also sees other girls. And he gets angry when I bring it up. He also is quite moody. Gets angry quite a lot
    So you being only online want to restrict a guy's real-life dating activities? Have you ever Skyped with him? (How can couples date online?)

Mar 22, 2016, 12:26 PM
    So you being only online want to restrict a guy's real-life dating activities? Have you ever Skyped with him? (How can couples date online?)
    No I don't care about him hanging out with other girls. My problem now is that many misunderstandings lead to a big fight. And now I want him but I can't find a way to text him without feeling annoying
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 12:26 PM
    I'm with Wondergirl... you can't really date online... I understand why he's going to date women he can actually go out with.

Online you are a friend... And expecting to be more is unrealistic.

I'd suggest you date someone local to you as well. Its healthier for one thing.

Mar 22, 2016, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I'm with Wondergirl... you can't really date online... I understand why he's going to date women he can actually go out with.

Online you are a friend... And expecting to be more is unrealistic.

I'd suggest you date someone local to you as well. Its healthier for one thing.
    Yeah... Maybe I should let go...
    Thanks for the answer
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 02:12 PM
    Its going to save you a lot of heartache.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Mar 22, 2016, 02:24 PM
    Online Dating! Its is kind of unreal. Even though you feel affections for each other in your heart, but still unless you are closer at least in same city its not going to work for long. Think about it. The very reason you fight is caused by some misunderstanding involved, this wouldn't have been in the first place if you were dating in real life, outside the Online. You could have understood each other more better, if it was in real life. He clearly sounds like wanting a real life relationship(from reading your post). Now its your time to realize and make some real life decisions. Date someone in real life, you would know the difference. :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 02:47 PM
    Never stay in any sort of relationship where you feel that there is "some sort of emotional abuse". Is being spoken to with the words he uses when he is angry, which you said happens easily, something you've always imagined you would find in a guy? Would you tell your best friend to put up with that sort of treatment? Of course not!

You have an easy out of this infatuation... All you have to do is tell him, "you know, I've decided this isn't what I was looking for", and then block any further contact.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 03:43 PM
    I know this guy from chat. And I really want him to love me, I want to be the one he gets happy when he talks to... But Even though I know he loves me, he tells me to off when we fight and we fight a lot. Last time we fought, I told him not to text me if he's going to say the same things. And now I miss him... I want to fix this but first of all, I don't know if I should stay in some sort of emotionally abusive relationship, and secondly he said my idea of relationship is like a 15 year old, so I don't want to sound needy /childish. What should I do?
    Look at the parts of your post that I put in bold and underlined. Think about it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 05:37 PM
    You aren't even good chat buddies so leave him alone. You found him to chat with so you can find someone better that you get along with and DON'T fight with. Stop and think how you are building something that's not real with a guy that's not there in person, and that's NOT working.

Is you real life THAT bad, that you need a fantasy one like this? An abusive one at that! You should take better stock of yourself.

Bad habits are hard to break though, but you really must break this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy I like but don't know what to do [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so there is this guy and he does a sport with me he starts Half a hour after me and allways looks at me and my friend I think he likes me but I can not talk to him because his class goes on after mine I really like him what must I do

Big headed guys in teen body skateboarding. Black guy and a white guy. I don't know the name. [ 2 Answers ]

Wats the name of that song that in the video it has these two guys like skateboarding with big heads in a teen body saying something like I don't want to grow up or something. I've tried vh1.com but nothing because I saw the video on the show like a long while ago and I'm sure the song came out...

How do I tell A guy I don't like him? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my Olivia are in Band together and there's this kid named Jacob. He likes me and I don't like him like that. Me, Olivia and him went to the River museum together and had fun and he always texts me but I see it has friends but he thinks that I like him back and I don't. He wants me to ask him...

This guy is too touchy but I don't now if I don't like it? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a girl in high school and there is the guy 3 years older than me and when ever he sees me he always comes up to me and puts his arms around my side and won't let go then immediately he will get a hug off me. But the thing is he is sexually always putting his body against mine and I do it...

I don't know who this guy is.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I don't know who this guy is, he's japanese or something. http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p164/king_joseph/32543342.jpg That's where his picture is. Does anyone know? And I didn't get it from a website so I can't find it, I got it from a chatroom and they don't know...

View more questions Search