Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HKhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2016, 09:24 AM
    Cremation in Old Testimon, New Testimon or in Islam
    Asslamu Alikum:

My wife asked that question because I am trying to justify that cremation is not allowed either in an old testimon, or not even in Islam. She said that if god not allowed us to take any part from our body as the whole body is a loan god give it to us and he wants the whole body back the way he give us. She argued that because we are not allowed to cremate the body than why we do surgery like kidney removal or other operations to take body parts out?
    My wife asked that question because I am trying to justify that cremation is not allowed either in an old testimon, or not even in Islam. She said that if god not allowed us to take any part from our body as the whole body is a loan god give it to us and he wants the whole body back the way he give us. She argued that because we are not allowed to cremate the body than why we do surgery like kidney removal or other operations to take body parts out?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 10:20 AM
    There are no Old Testament or New Testament prohibitions against cremation. Christians believe God will have no problem putting us back together, even if we were eaten by a lion or sea creatures, blown apart in an explosion, burned to ashes in a fire, or disintegrated into dust in a grave.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 12:31 PM
    There is nothing that specifically addresses cremation in the Bible. However, there is nothing that addresses driving a car either. The Catholic church used to forbid it, however, in our church, Catholic, more than 1/2 of the funeral services today are with cremains. My mothers service and in the future mine and my wife will be with cremains. Some people won't accept it others do. The local Catholic monastery, Holy Spirit, Conyers, GA, offers direct in ground burial, no embalming or casket. Here is a section of their website-NATURAL CEMETERIES AND GREEN BURIALNatural cemeteries save land and create significant nature preserves. Natural or “green” burial is simple and affordable. A plain pine box or shroud is used in a return to traditional practices. Cremated remains are also accepted.
    Think of all the people who were killed in the Twin Towers, very few "bodies" were ever found. God accepted them, He didn't say, "Sorry, not enough parts"! If you want to try and rationalize things, all bodies decay and are not whole. Will you look like a 90 year old person with wrinkles and saggy arms or maybe 1 day old baby? Who knows?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coloured cremation ashes [ 3 Answers ]

My mother's ashes were delivered yesterday; they are multi-coloured - mainly grey and white as expected but with shards of blue, pink, brown and black flecks. What is this? There was also a bent pin of approximately one inch - was this from the body or the coffin? I realise whoever answers this...

Do bones burn in cremation [ 4 Answers ]

When a person gets cremated, do the bones burn to ashes or what

Cremation and my responsibility [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the only one who is listed for a patient in a nursing home. She has no relatives. She's dying. I can't see getting a funeral home. Can someone just get cremated Without a church or funeral home?

Cremation and what's required [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to two funeral parlors to prepay her own funeral. She was told That she needs special papers from the lawyer for cremation. I have cremation in my Will and apparently that's not enough. My partner doesn't even have cremation in her Will, it's just what she told me. Are...

View more questions Search