Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adam Postelwait Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2016, 01:55 AM
    What makes my thermostat kick on but won't stay heating
    What makes my thermostat kick on and the Flames will start heating the house but then shut right back off and the fan stays blowing set the thermostat at 75 and it'll only go to about 60
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2016, 03:18 AM
    Hi Adam, more than likely one of the build in safeties are shut off the flame. If you post more information, make and model, you should get a better answer. Good luck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2016, 06:02 AM
    One of the heater safeties tripping sounds likely. There are a number of things that can cause it to happen. Restricted air flow, collapsed ducting, dirty filter, flame sensor, roll out switch, high temp cut off. Unless you are experienced with HVAC, aside from filter changes, it is best left to pros.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan on furnace runs and then won't kick on to heat when thermostat calls for it. [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace fan runs quite a bit and then when the temp drops and the heat should kick in, it doesn't. If I shut it off and restart, it will work just fine.

Hunter 44110 Thermostat Won't Kick Off Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 month old Hunter thermostat doesn't kick off the furnace, regardless of the temperature. It kicked ON at the appropriate point this morning(when the room temperature dropped below the required Temp.) but continued to run even though the temperature set in the thermostat had been reached. ...

My 7 year old furnace is heating fine, but when I click on the thermostat, it makes a [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old furnace is heating properly, but when I click on the thermostat it makes a buzzing noise, then when I turn down the thermostat it stops.

Maple Chase thermostat - after electricity went off heat won't kick on [ 3 Answers ]

Have a Maple Chase thermostat -- undetermined age (probably 10 years or so). After electricity went out (and then back on) the heat did not kick back on. Checked batteries and fuse. All seem OK. When I set the fan to On it will just blow out cold air. (Have gas heat). Is there a reset button?...

New thermostat bur heat won't kick in [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new thermostat and a GE upflow warm air gas furnace that's not so new. This is the first time I've attempted to cut on the heat and the furnace did kick in. The thermostat seems to be working (at least the air conditioning worked this summer) and it's showing the heat is on. I can see the...

View more questions Search