Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack mcclaskie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2016, 08:28 AM
    Is there a possibility of auditory nerve damage from using a laser to clean teeth
    Dentist used laser to clean my teeth, the next day I was unable to hear from my left ear. Is it possible to damage the auditory nerve using the laser.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 09:28 AM
    Laser is used to stimulate the auditory nerve to improve hearing. I don't think the low level used on teeth could do any damage to your hearing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 10:22 PM
    I see of no way this could cause that damage. They need a full medical exam to determine damage and possible reasons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Novocaine=nerve damage now? [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I had a cavity filled, and I think the dentist had to do a couple of extra shots of novocaine?. Because I was still feeling it. Well, as soon as I walked out of the dentist, when I would speak, the right side of my upper lip just stayed in place and only the left side could move....

Nerve damage [ 4 Answers ]

My precious Havanese was hit by a car yesterday. Has fractured right acetabulum, public symphis, cocygeal vertebrae in tail. His tail is flaccid. He is out of shock, his eyes are bright, but vets are slow to act because they say the dog may be permanently incontinent. There is a lot of...

Permanent inguinal nerve damage [ 1 Answers ]

Injured with the military and got permanent inguinal nerve damage. The pain is unbearable and pain meds are not working. Don't know where to turn for answers. Many doctors give different opinions. Working 4 hours a day and almost impossible to be on my feet that long. Received 10% disability...

Nerve damage at T-12 [ 2 Answers ]

After many test for left abdominal pain for the past 18month,I was refaired to pain management clinic,within a short time the doctor told me that the pain is not due to abdominal pain but due to the nerve at T-12, he has given me oxycontin amitriptiline and a tens machine,the pain is reduced but...

View more questions Search