Tracy Thomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2016, 04:41 PM
    Can a ex felon get a grant to open a business
    Can a ex felon get a grant to open a business
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2016, 04:50 PM
    Probably.

It will depend on how motivated you are to find grants and apply for them and how well you can and will present yourself and your business plan to those who make the decisions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 20, 2016, 05:03 PM
    No, there are no grants for felons. I don't think there are any grants for people who never even got a parking ticket.
    You can apply for a SBA loan. But you need money and a good business plan to even be considered.
    Most new businesses fail, so no one is going to even loan money very readily.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 04:47 AM
    There are really no grants for business start ups. There are some that help with tax help, or low income property (if you are going to employ 100's of people)
    But you will have to already have lots of funds to fund most of the business.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2016, 02:04 PM
    Grants because you are a felon or if you are a felon. No special grants for anyone today, at least not a start up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to look for a grant for a felon [ 3 Answers ]

How do I look for a grant for a felon? Where do I look?

How does an ex-felon get a grant to start a business [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon and I would like some information on receiving grants or help in opening a business

Is there a small window opening for a felon to ask for a grant to start a business ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am checking to see if my son is able to apply for a gov. grant to start a business and if so is there a small window opportunity to get it. His release date is July of 2011.

A grant for a ex-felon to start a business? [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for funding to fuel my dream into becoming a business owner. My field surrounds air-brushin and silk screening as well as graphic art. Sincerely,willie amos of fort wayne ind.

View more questions Search