IR remote
    My IR remote doesn't work in the dark how do I fix it
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 20, 2016, 02:39 PM
    Change the batteries.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Apr 2, 2016, 08:27 AM
    Remotes work with infra red light, light or dark should not have an effect. You can not see infra red with the naked eye but it will show up when picked up with a video camera. I used to test mine using a video camera set to be viewed on my TV, and I could see the light flash when I pressed buttons. If your using the remote differently in the dark than in the light (in bed for instance) make sure that your not somehow blocked from that position. When in bed I used to have to hold my remote up in the air because the table it was on blocked the view to the receiving window on the TV. It also worked if I aimed it at the ceiling instead of directly at the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Wall remote not working - hand remote is. Model# UC-9050T [ 0 Answers ]

I installed a Harbor Breeze wall remote some 6 months ago, model #UC-9050T. It also came with a separate hand held remote. Both units worked fine until one day the wall unit stopped working. None of the buttons work nor does the small red light turn on. The lower on/off switch still works and...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

View more questions Search