Get rid of yard weeds
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2016, 12:24 PM
    Pull them or use a weed killer.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2016, 04:42 PM
    Most spray killers are toxic. If you want to avoid using toxic crap on your lawn, stuff that kills the insects, like bees, that we need to survive, then I'd suggest pulling them. It's not fun, it's a lot of hard work, but it's the only sure fire way of getting rid of weeds without destroying everything else on our planet. Things we need to survive.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 20, 2016, 05:06 PM
    You say yard, you say garden. To me, yard means grass. I'll go with garden.
    I find that zinnias crowd out weeds. Start the seeds in a paper egg carton.
    Buy a roll of landscape cloth, cut it to size around plants, put it down, and cover with 3" of mulch. Weeds will pop up in the mulch but are easy to yank out.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2016, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Most spray killers are toxic. If you want to avoid using toxic crap on your lawn, stuff that kills the insects, like bees, that we need to survive, then I'd suggest pulling them. It's not fun, it's a lot of hard work, but it's the only sure fire way of getting rid of weeds without destroying everything else on our planet. Things we need to survive.
    While I do not believe in large scale spraying, weed killers are herbicides not pesticides. They react with and bind chlorophyll and do not affect insects. Still, I go with pulling in smaller spaces. Brian
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2016, 07:01 PM
    I've spent the past 3 days getting rid of weeds in my yard. We have more than an acre and I try not to use weed killers unless they are natural. It's great exercise for me using a hula hoe and other tools depending on weed type. I'm not done yet, but it's looking great so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of rats digging in my garden? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bed of sweet potato vine that has been eaten by rats and there are a lot of little holes dug in the bed. I have a dog and don't want to put out anything poison that would hurt the dog so what can I use to rid our yard from these horrible pests?

Killing weeds [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to spray for weeds in spring or will it be OK now

Get rid of weeds [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid of weeds like plantain,clovers and dandylions there all over my lawn

Getting rid of Crabgrass and weeds [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have lots of crabgrass and weeds all over my lawn and backyard. I recently picked up a bag of Scott's Weed killer and applied to the entire area yesterday. I am a new homeowner and am wondering how I can get rid of these problems as they are unsightly to my lawn. Anyone recommend any...

All weeds [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had just bought a house and we need help in our yard area there is no grass all weeds can anyone help us?:o

View more questions Search