Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2016, 08:24 AM
    Everyday exercises
    Every morning, I do push up, using power twister and playing bokken( japanese wooden sword). I play very simple bokken techniques. Just doing 200 times. Is it enough for my health? But sometimes, there is a day that I can't exercises. After one hour, can I take a bath?

Please share your ideas. Thank you
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 20, 2016, 11:59 AM
    It all sounds like a good start, but you should consider mixing your routine up a bit. The bokken is a good overall core exercise, but just doing pushups every day will lead to an imbalance and injury in other muscles (specifically, back and shoulder muscles). I would add some pull ups / chin ups in (wide and close grip) and some basic shoulder exercises that engage the middle and posterior deltoid muscles to the routine for a more balanced physique. Finally, change the routine up every few weeks or so... leads to muscular adaptation which is how you keep your body at its healthiest!

Eat proper carbohydrate and protein foods within an hour after your workout to replenish glycogen and protein. You can bath before or after you eat!!

Good luck!

Mark
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2016, 06:20 PM
    You can bathe whenever you want. Daily showers just cleaning under your arms and your groin area, are recommended. Every 2 or three days, clean every part, under the feet, the stomach, legs, arms, hair, etc.

Eat well, all major food groups with the recommended amount, daily. Exercise regularly, which you're doing.

Vitamin supplements if you're not getting the recommended amount of nutrition every day. Look up the 4 major food groups and the daily recommended amount, and what that amount gives you. Compensate for any discrepancies. Buy organic when you can.

You're doing great. If you feel great too, that's your body telling you you're doing what it needs you to do. :)

Mar 20, 2016, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You can bathe whenever you want. Daily showers just cleaning under your arms and your groin area, are recommended. Every 2 or three days, clean every part, under the feet, the stomach, legs, arms, hair, etc.

Eat well, all major food groups with the recommended amount, daily. Exercise regularly, which you're doing.

Vitamin supplements if you're not getting the recommended amount of nutrition every day. Look up the 4 major food groups and the daily recommended amount, and what that amount gives you. Compensate for any discrepancies. Buy organic when you can.

You're doing great. If you feel great too, that's your body telling you you're doing what it needs you to do. :)

Thank you Alty. I will follow your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    It all sounds like a good start, but you should consider mixing your routine up a bit. The bokken is a good overall core exercise, but just doing pushups every day will lead to an imbalance and injury in other muscles (specifically, back and shoulder muscles). I would add some pull ups / chin ups in (wide and close grip) and some basic shoulder exercises that engage the middle and posterior deltoid muscles to the routine for a more balanced physique. Finally, change the routine up every few weeks or so... leads to muscular adaptation which is how you keep your body at its healthiest!

Eat proper carbohydrate and protein foods within an hour after your workout to replenish glycogen and protein. You can bath before or after you eat!!

Good luck!
    Mark

Actually, I have no place to set tools for pull ups and chin ups. But for avoiding muscle injuries, I will think about it. Is there something which can replace these pull ups and chin ups? However, I will try to find place to do those. Your ideas are really great. I am appreciated it. I will follow your ideas. Thank you.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 05:06 PM
    If you have a doorway you can purchase a doorway pull up bar... see image. This device simply hooks over the wood trim around any door frame and you are off and doing chin-ups. It just slides in place and is easily removed after use.

Name:  CHINUP.png
Views: 124
Size:  77.3 KB

These cost about $20.00 and are available at almost all common retailers. They are great for wide grip, close grip, reverse grip, hammer grip and more type of exercises.

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2016, 11:07 PM
    I agree it is a very good "start" but not enough of different exercises, and it did not include any running or things to get a higher heart rate up, like aerobics. I did not see you mention set ups, any basic weights (even milk jugs with water can be used for low income)

I also will add, that 200 repetitions is not very much for a martial arts exercise. Unless you are doing that several times a day.

Bathing, I do after every workout, after being out and active and every night.

Mar 23, 2016, 01:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    If you have a doorway you can purchase a doorway pull up bar... see image. This device simply hooks over the wood trim around any door frame and you are off and doing chin-ups. It just slides in place and is easily removed after use.

Name:  CHINUP.png
Views: 124
Size:  77.3 KB

These cost about $20.00 and are available at almost all common retailers. They are great for wide grip, close grip, reverse grip, hammer grip and more type of exercises.

Good luck!
    Thank you for caring. I will find it.

Mar 23, 2016, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I agree it is a very good "start" but not enough of different exercises, and it did not include any running or things to get a higher heart rate up, like aerobics. I did not see you mention set ups, any basic weights (even milk jugs with water can be used for low income)

I also will add, that 200 repetitions is not very much for a martial arts exercise. Unless you are doing that several times a day.

Bathing, I do after every workout, after being out and active and every night.
    Ok. I will think about weights.

Martial art is in very simple term called fighting. Although I used bokken, I am just for good breathing and good blood circulation purpose. Moreover, the technique that I used is very basic. However, after reading your ideas, I have to rethink about my practice. Can you show me more detailed ideas?

Thank you.

Mar 23, 2016, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean999 View Post
    Ok. I will think about weights.

Martial art is in very simple term called fighting. Although I used bokken, I am just for good breathing and good blood circulation purpose. Moreover, the technique that I used is very basic. However, after reading your ideas, I have to rethink about my practice. Can you show me more detailed ideas?

Thank you.
    Sorry I forgot to say that before and after doing those, I do warm up exercises. Is warm up exercises same to cardio exercises?
    jamzmaxwell Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2016, 07:06 AM
    A simple walk in early morning for half an hour. After that I do pull up workouts with bar for fifteen minutes with breaks. In evening I do some hard punching with punching bag which I fit at my home because punching exercise tells me that how much fitness I have gain or how much stamina I have.

May 24, 2016, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamzmaxwell View Post
    A simple walk in early morning for half an hour. After that I do pull up workouts with bar for fifteen minutes with breaks. In evening I do some hard punching with punching bag which I fit at my home because punching exercise tells me that how much fitness I have gain or how much stamina I have.

Glad to know your exercises. I am also interested about boxing. But I have difficulties of place. After I can managed that, I will do like you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

There are 5 exercises [ 2 Answers ]

Under 28 weeks 2.01 lb 1.32 lb 28 to 31 weeks 4.77 lb 2.38 lb 32 to 35 weeks 5.82 lb 1.51 lb 36 weeks 6.74 lb 1.22 lb 37 to 39 weeks 7.31 lb 1.11 lb 40 weeks 7.74 lb 1.07 lb 41 weeks 7.89 lb 1.09 lb 42 weeks and over 7.75 lb 1.14 lb There are 5 exercises

Exercises [ 2 Answers ]

Im so thin. Is there any special exercises to be fat? Specially for hands and legs?

Am I doing the right exercises? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old female, 5' 7" and 140 pounds. I was at 125 lbs and I want to get back there but I refuse to starve myself like in the past. I go to the gym every day for an hour or so. I do spinning classes but I have been told to do more weight training to boost my metabolism and muscle...

Exercises for 80 yr. Old [ 1 Answers ]

What are good exercises for a 80 yr old female with a left hip replacement, which was done 4 months ago.

I need exercises ! [ 2 Answers ]

heyy well i really need help. im 5'2.5 && 138 lbs. i go to the gym && its helped greatly. about a year ago i weighed 160 lbs. but i just can't get rid of my belly && my inner thighs. i really need exercises that i can do without machines, like with the medicine ball or the workout ball because i...

View more questions Search