Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoganWWW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2016, 07:43 AM
    Hair dyeing (color fading questions and tips)
    Hi there! I am 16 years old and plan on dyeing my hair soon. I have brown hair which is not too light and not too dark, just right in the middle. Reading about hair dyeing for quite awhile I know that I will have to bleach my hair in order to get the colors I desire. But that's not the real problem here. I wash my hair everyday except on the weekends. I know that reading from other articles washing my hair everyday is not a good idea but I do it because it's just a thing of mine probably because when I rarely don't take a bath on a school day I don't feel good or clean.
    Now from reading articles about dyeing your hair I learnt that after dyeing the hair you shouldn't wash it frequently because it could cause the color to fade. Now the thing is I really want to dye my hair but that means I can't wash it everyday. I was even in the verge of scraping the idea of dyeing my hair because I'll have to wash my hair less frequently. Any tips anyone can give me? Will it be okay to wash my hair everyday? Will having a color protect shampoo and conditioner help lock in the color even though I wash it everyday? Or is there any hair masks which help slow down color fading? I know you guys might be thinking "why don't just wash your hair less frequently if you want to dye your hair badly?" But please do understand my situation and thanks to everyone who answers!
    Kristofer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 23, 2016, 03:07 PM
    4 tips are Avoid Shampooing as Long as You Can, Choose the best shampoo, Protect your hair from heat, and Avoid the sun and swimming pools.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2016, 04:10 PM
    You are correct... best not to wash your hair too often. You can bathe daily without having to wash your hair. Be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner made for dyed hair. You can keep your hair looking clean, and save your color, by using a dry shampoo now and then instead of washing.

Since you are planning on changing the color by several shades, consider strongly having it professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyeing hair, after using a color corrector. [ 1 Answers ]

I used a color remover by L' oreal and then put a brown hair dye over it by revlon. The dye didn't work and left my hair a dirty blonde color and onnly darkened my roots. So, do I have to wait to dye it brown or should I use a certain brand. I just want it back to brown. Help!

Color on hair fading. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, First of all let me start by saying that my natural hair color is dark brown.. A year ago I decided to dye it blond but then just a few months ago I wanted to go black so I dyed it again.. The only problem is that the black keeps on fading and pieces of my blond keeps on showing up-not...

Fading Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

I put light browns and red highlights in my dark hair and the red turned out really bright and I need to do something with it before school tomorrow. I want to try to fade it out so that it will blend in but I am afraid it will turn pink. Should I use Dawn detergent?

Fading hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair about two months ago to a dark red/brown color. I tried to get it back to my normal ash brown color by dying it a light ash blonde. It made the ends lighter but not the top of my hair. I don't want to go to the salon because I don't want them to use any abrasive or harmful...

Hair color fading [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to highlight my hair blonde, but it didn't turn out so good. It is too blonde, and I like the natural color of my hair much better. I need to find a hair-healthy way to make the color go away before school starts tomarrow morning. Thanks! :)

View more questions Search