Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrangHoang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2005, 11:05 AM
    Filing 1099-MISC
    I want to file my 1099-MISC online, but I don't know where to start. Most sites I've been to don't offer 1099-MISC forms to file. I don't own a business, but yes, I am self-employed, but I rent a booth in someone else's business. So where do I start? Can I file online or do I have to get someone to do my taxes for me?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 9, 2005, 08:13 AM
    TrangHoang:

You can file your return yourself, but I do not recommend you do so.

In most case, the Form 1099-MISC dictates that you file a Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (as an attachment to Form 1040) to properly report the income and pay the requisite state and federal income taxes and federal self-employment taxes.

The resulting tax bill can be rather large, so you really need professional tax help to ensure you are claiming all allowable deductions to reduce that tax burden. A competent tax professional will, in most cases, more than pay for his fee in what he/she saves you in taxes. Additionally, the tax preparation fee is deductible on next year's Schedule C.

I am available to help if you would like. I do quite a few tax returns long-distance using mail, fax, e-mail and telephone calls. In fact, I have several clients whom I have never met in person (who are available as references, if needed).

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected] so we may discuss the details.

Hope This Helps!

Atlanta Tax Expert

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AR 1099-MISC Filing Requirement? [ 4 Answers ]

Small business in Arkansas files 1099-MISC with IRS. Is it required to file a state copy with AR's Dept of Finance Admin? I can't find answer on state of Arkansas' website. If so, where do I file it?

1099-misc, ss-8, etc. Need help! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, hopefully someone can help me here. This last summer I worked for the University of Michigan as an undergraduate student researcher. I worked under a professor and in my opinion was CLEARLY an employee. However, I recently received a good old 1099-MISC form from U of Michigan stating the...

F1, 1099-misc and w-2s [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. Its nice to see so many people here who can help. Here's my situation: My status in 2004: Student on F1 (I still am on F1 until my H1 is approved) Was attending school full-time until: August 19, 2004 Working on OPT since August 20, 2004. My nationality: Indian I...

1099-MISC Tax Filing [ 1 Answers ]

First time ever reporting income from a 1099-MISC. ALL income is reported on this form. No other income for 2004. Total AGI $12,214. Question: Am I required to pay SSI and MCR taxes? If so, what forms do I use and are there any other recommendations/suggestions/concerns for filing this type...

View more questions Search