Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkrocker77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2016, 12:09 PM
    Looking for a smart door ringer without video
    Hello,

I'm looking for a buzzer system that will notify my phone when someone presses the button. I've found a bunch of smart doorbell systems but they all have video,which I don't want. Is there a simple button I can connect over wifi and then have it ring my phone to notify someone pressed it?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 17, 2016, 05:36 PM
    Are you looking for a local system or do you want this feature to work when you are away from the home?

Mar 17, 2016, 06:16 PM
    Just local wifi would work, but having it remotely over the internet would be nice as well.
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 03:08 PM
    Have you looked at this one or is it close to what you want ?

BDB-5000 Bluetooth Doorbell

Mar 18, 2016, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Have you looked at this one or is it close to what you want ?

BDB-5000 Bluetooth Doorbell
    That is very close to what I'm looking for. The only issue I see is that bluetooth only works up to 20 meters or so, I need something longer range like wifi.
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 05:28 PM
    Everything for wifi appears to be a video one. I will keep looking and see what comes up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My doorbell light is not working but the ringer is [ 3 Answers ]

Simple door bell the light has gone out but pushing the door bell it stills work. The unit is wired. Do I need a new door bell?

Smart card ain't being smart and letting watch me TV [ 1 Answers ]

Satellite TV. I'm trying to watch TV on FMLY channel(which is the only good channel on my tv) but it says the smart card is not authorized to do yada, yada or whatever. It also says to wait, but how long am I going to wait? And, why isn't it working?

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search