Ask
    craftsmans243 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2016, 05:06 PM
    Is blue board & plaster fire rated
    Is blue board& plaster fire rated
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2016, 06:39 PM
    You'll need to be more specific with the brand name and specific product.

Most products (in the U.S.) for construction like you are speaking about are marked clearly (on the product or in the lituature) with their fire rating.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2016, 07:29 PM
    Maybe, depending on classification. National Gypsum uses the blue board but they must be rated X or C

Kal-Kore Fire-Shield Plaster Base features a fire resistive Type X gypsum core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems.
    Kal-Kore Fire-Shield C Plaster Base panels have a specially formulated Type X core to achieve superior performance when used in specific fire-rated assemblies where the weight and number of gypsum board layers are a concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tile floor-Forgot to put down thinset before cement board &Mortar mix ratio? [ 2 Answers ]

I put down 1/4" Durock Cement Board on a new 3/4 plywood subfloor for my bathroom after the toilet leaked onto the original particle board and it rotted. We found that out after my wife put her leg through it! (how in the world particle board even meets code requirements is beyond me) I screwed...

Plaster board vs blue board [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in plaster board or blue board for a basement, which is better

How many bags of diamond plaster do I need for 25 sheets of 4 X 12 blue board? [ 1 Answers ]

How many bags of diamond plaster do I need for 25 sheets of 4 X 12 blue board

Plaster and Fire rated drywall [ 2 Answers ]

I understand plaster board such as blue board is used when plastering walls instead of traditional taping/mudding of the seams, but can you plaster on fire rated drywall. I currently have the fire rated drywall in my garage due to code and am looking at just having my garage plastered.

View more questions Search