Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haden2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2016, 07:03 AM
    Online dating
    Hi everyone! Thanks for checking my question would like some input? Ok here it goes.. I met this guy online and we chatted on and off but never met. I have not seen him on the site where we met in awhile. WE never met and I have to to say a lot of that was my fault. I guess I was not ready anyway. I just recently saw him on Linkedln and wanted to say hi. The only thing we never exchanged our last names. I goggled his name which was on his email to check him out. Now a days I want to make sure people are some what normal before meeting them. Should I reach out and say who I am? I don't want him to think I'm a stalker etc?

Should I say hi?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 07:32 AM
    Go for it. You never know until you try. You might find out that he met someone, or that life just got too busy for him. There isn't a lot to lose here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 07:41 AM
    You lose nothing by saying hi, and maybe you learn more, or even meet up in person... if now you are ready.
    thisis93girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2016, 08:45 AM
    Just say Hi with no much details. Then look at how he react and go on according to his.
    Good Luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 04:40 PM
    Not really an expert on online dating, back in my day we met people in person, and that's how a relationship started. Online dating and falling in love or like, just doesn't make sense to me.

But you, say hi. What's the harm in saying hi?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 10:33 PM
    Well first I do not call chatting online "dating" it is just a way to find someone to chat with. If you never plan on meeting them in real life, it is never dating.

Online dating? As it is called is good, to the point of arranging a real in life date.
    So if you are not ready to actually meet them, don't waste your time online chatting, unless ou want to keep it, online forever.

If you never even exchanged real last names, I would say you were not chatting much or really interested in dating.

Mar 15, 2016, 09:17 AM
    Hi thank you all for your response. Yes true chatting is not online dating. Just wanted to reconnect and see what happens.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 16, 2016, 07:09 AM
    Give it a try, you never know what may happen.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2016, 10:38 AM
    I can really see how easily people get attached, and attracted to the people they chat online with as for example the family of familiars that has grown and developed here on this forum.

Never seen or met any of them, but have become attached from their posting, and have become addicted to this site because I ENJOY looking forward to them sharing their thoughts and ideas. News of a members death is like losing family and a profound sense of loss.

Mar 16, 2016, 12:25 PM
    Hi talaniman so true I notice sometimes online people tend to show there true colors meaning there feelings wants,that they sometimes don't express in real life...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 16, 2016, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I can really see how easily people get attached, and attracted to the people they chat online with as for example the family of familiars that has grown and developed here on this forum.

Never seen or met any of them, but have become attached from their posting, and have become addicted to this site because I ENJOY looking forward to them sharing their thoughts and ideas. News of a members death is like losing family and a profound sense of loss.
    So very true. I have to admit that before I found this site, I thought that online friendships were a crock. But after almost 9 years here, I've come to love all of the regulars on this site, and still meet many new and interesting people every day.

I don't know about romance online though. For me dating is going out, talking, kissing, holding hands, it's not only talking. I can understand getting interested in someone online, but calling it dating, not so much. I just don't get that at all.

Then again, I've never done it, so what do I know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online dating [ 20 Answers ]

I meet a guy on myspace and he told me I can come visit him in California whenever? Should I go for it ? I know he has 1 picture on his page... Is there any safety steps I should take... I will be staying at his house and he will pay for my ticket thanks

Want to try online dating, but What to do if None of dating sites have enough locals? [ 4 Answers ]

I never had a GF. I want to try online dating but the sites I've seen only have like 5 women from my city and not my type. That's dumb. Why would I sign up to sites that have no one from my city.

Online dating? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend, she likes this guy named brandon. They met over Myspace. And he also likes her back. She told me about him asking her out, and she told me she said yes. I have nothing against him. But what do YOU think about online dating? Me and her both know he's real, she's talked him on the phone. ...

Dating online [ 10 Answers ]

Hello All, I have recently started to correspond with a Russian lady. The more I think about it the more apprehensive I get. After the physical appearance (I have to fancy someone in the first place), I am trying to consider the personal compatibility (psychological, emotional, type traits). I...

Dating online [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I "met" a man on a dating site a few months ago. We are a bit far from each other so we have not met yet. We are not kids anymore :) At the beginning he was too fast for me, sending tons of emails every day, then we started to communicate on the phone and webcam. But he disappeared...

View more questions Search