Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisis93girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2016, 12:54 AM
    Help me understand his attempts, Advice me for next moves.
    Hi,

I am a 22yrs old girl, the boy I am going to share about is 19yrs old.
    He is tall, white, a silent type handsome guys. I am short, tiny, white with some social skills. We met in private school class.

I didn't expect for relationship forming between us as he is 3yrs younger than me. But his action from previous week made me think several things; so I browsed online and found kind of it was flirting!

Let me explain, we are not too closed, not even know each friends or family, not sharing about life, just a classmate. He played footsie while we are sitting side by side in class, when I turned and looked at him, he was just smiling by looking at me. I didn't know footsie is for a purpose of flirting until now, so what I did is smiling back at him and move my legs after several seconds. I noticed he put his legs behind mine frequently, not tried to move when it occurred sudden touch. And played with teasing to draw on my fingers, tipping on my sleeve. But I can know it is not a sexual, but he seemed to enjoy it.

He frequently call my name (shorten) without any reasons to talk for. He even wrote my name (shorten) on the desk. I saw he writing but just acted like I don't find it interesting much.

He told me about him without I ask. He seems to gaze at me a long time when I talk. (I got nervous) I have many guy friends but he just came into my mind as the way he act is different. As he is too silent/shy type, I don't see him talking with any other girls in the class, so I can't compare for the way he acts to girls.

I'm older, I don't think I can lead a relationship, I was never in, also he. He has stunning visuals to make fall every girls. I don't want to accept if he make next moves with the aim of relationship with me without knowing is it love or fell over his appealing.

I don't know how to react if his playful touch attempt me again. I want to deny it, in a way doesn't hurt him. What can I do? What do you think about it?

I hope you will help me in a way to decide for next moves, : )
    thisis93girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2016, 01:35 AM
    What is the aim of playing footsie?
    As in my previous question, there is a boy who is younger than me. He hardly played a footsie against my feet.
    It wasn't a sexual thing at all, so what does it mean?
    Being friendly or flirting..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 14, 2016, 04:01 AM
    He's young, good looking, and loves to flirt. That means a really wide variety of possible motives on his part - no way to interpret from what you describe!
    Chances are that he just enjoys your naivete and shyness.
    Never EVER hesitate to put a stop to touching, if you don't like it. Worrying about hurting him??? NO. You worry about yourself. Either do it silently by yanking your leg or arm away and scowling, or say something short, even just HEY or DON'T. No need to explain. Explanations might be in order if you were much further along with a relationship.

"I don't want to accept if he make next moves with the aim of relationship with me without knowing is it love..." That's the question of the ages. You can't be in love until you know someone really well, but you don't want to get too close or intimate if you don't know whether or not it can lead to love. That is why the early stages of relationships are so, so complicated. You are very naive overall, but very wise to see that there is good reason to doubt him and his intentions.

It would be nice if you can joke. Joking as part of flirting helps us find out about each other without hurting ourselves by being too revealing. You could arch your eyebrows and say something like "There's nothing more risky than a good looking flirt." He'll enjoy the compliment about his looks, so he won't run, but he'll also get the message that you are wary. I'd say it while you pull your feet or arm away. Think of some things to say that are your own ideas!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 05:09 AM
    Of course this is flirting, more Jr High, but yes flirting. I can't believe you have to "look it up" this is very obvious.

So if you like him, ask him out ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 05:14 AM
    It is leading or partly yes a sexual thing, it is touching,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 07:37 AM
    He is flirting and testing you looking for signs of interest from you. I don't think he is all that shy either if he is bold enough to flirt, but it's up to you how you handle this, or the boundaries you set for this touchy feel stuff he is engaging in.

You could always just ask him directly WHY he is doing it, and decide if you are intrigued, or just curiously attracted. If his attentions or flirting is unwanted then say so, and let him worry about dealing with it. You said you have social skills so use them to find out what he is doing, and WHY, and don't lead him on by being silent, and flirting back.

Never assume what's on his mind when you could just ASK, and get the fats of the matter. I mean he is right next to you, and flirting in a touchy way can get way out of hand, so speak up for yourself. Don't continue to play his games when it's better to keep it real.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my furnace always take 2 attempts to ignite? [ 3 Answers ]

Just moved into a new (to us) home with a goodman furnace model gms80904bna and the furnace will never ignite on the first attempt. In the beginning, it would use up all 3 attempts and shut down. Power clear, and it would finally fire up on the 5th (total) try. This is what I see... Once the...

Suicide Attempts [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked by a friend, and I didn't know the answer, so I thought I would come to here. If someone under the age of 18 attempts suicide, and its caused them to go to the hospital because of their attempt, once they r treated there at the hospital and relased do they have to be admitted into a...

Suicide attempts [ 3 Answers ]

How do I deal with my own guilt over suicide attempts?

My first attempts at writing a song! How to make it better? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys this is my first attempt at writing a song, and I really need some help on the lyrics, and how to make them better. I wrote the verse, the prechorus, and part of the chorus because I got stuck.. so please help! Here's the bits I have written/. And maybe also you can suggest a title for it...

Waterhammer despite attempts to fix [ 5 Answers ]

I redirected my washer downstairs (directly below where it used to be) and since then have some pretty serious water hammer whenever the washer's cold water turns off. There is approximately 5 feet of 1/2" copper pipe that runs up to the ceiling. I installed a water hammer arrester (the $10 mini...

View more questions Search