Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamakitty92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2016, 10:01 PM
    Depo with amoxicillin
    I am on the depo shot, and I am currently on amoxicillin for a tooth infection. Will the amoxicillin effect my birth control at all?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2016, 05:07 AM
    Most antibiotics, including amoxicillin, won't alter the effectiveness of birth control, although it is commonly suggested to add an additional form of contraception as a precaution for the peace of mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implanon & amoxicillin [ 0 Answers ]

I've been on implanon for about 2 1/2 years now & throughout that time I've probably take 3 sets of 7 day amoxicillin pills.. I've never had a period on implanon until two months ago.. I've been spotting & on my period ever since.. so I was wondering if the amoxicillin is causing this & what I...

Amoxicillin Reaction [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently taken amoxicillin to treat a sinus and ear infection. Ever since I started taking it 2 times a day for ten days my anus has become very itchy and burns on occasion. The same goes for my vagina its become very sensitive and burns as well as itches like crazy. I looked today and the...

Amoxicillin & prochlorperazine [ 1 Answers ]

When taking amoxicillin 250mg and prochlorperazine 5mg, I am finding it hard to sleep. Is this normal? My docter has said I have labyrinthitis which is making me really dizzy and causing a ringing in my ear. I have no other medical conditions

Amoxicillin and Ortho-Cyclen taken together [ 1 Answers ]

One more question! :) I am currently on Amoxicillin cap 500 MG for a bladder infection. I am also taking birth control (Sprintec tab 0.25/0.035 generic for Ortho-Cyclen tab). When I picked up my antibiotic my pharmacist said that the Amoxicillin will interfere with my birth control for the rest...

View more questions Search