Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackiehammack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2016, 06:42 PM
    My stepdad gets mad easly and he is very controlling
    my stepdad is gets mad easly and he is very controling he gets mad at me for being mean to mom then when she does something to tick him off he gets angry and then i have to go to the other room because i am afraid i will snap and tell him off he does this on purpose and he is controling i can not stand him like this if he wants me to be nice he needs to be nice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2016, 06:54 PM
    Tell us more about you -- gender, age. How long has he been your stepdad?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2016, 05:15 AM
    I think most dads and stepdads would become angry if you are mean to your mother.

In what ways do you feel he is being controlling? Try to be specific in the details as to what led up to a situation, as well as what part you found controlling.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2016, 09:13 AM
    Before you give us more information... I have to say this as a general response.

Sorry. His house his rules... And as the adult... he is ENTITLED to be shown respect FIRST by you. Not you as the child. Show some respect... stop being mean with your mother... and you would be surprised how things will likely change.
    And as was mentioned... you are going to have to describe you claim of controlling. Because being a good parent you have to have be controlling to a degree... particularly with teenagers that think they can do anything they want whenever they want... on the parents dime, in the parents house. We need details to know before anyone can say if its excessive or not. (and even then it's a grey area... you are only granted privileges in line with your demonstrated responsibility and in line with your behavior.) As a kid privileges are earned... not a right.

When you are an adult... get your own place and support yourself... then you get to do what you can afford to do... and even then its rarely what you want to do... for a lot of years. Until then... their house their rules.
    jackiehammack81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2018, 05:23 PM
    I understand it's his house he does not live here anymore he does pay the bills but he gets me so mad when I don't do what he asks sometimes I feel I like I have no life whatsoever I do what my mom asks me to do but when she asks me too much
    It gets on my nerves so bad that I have to stick up for myself I can not move out I would not survive on my own I can not provide on my own
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 06:52 AM
    It really sounds like you all have anger issues, and could use some help to manage them. Maybe you cannot control what your parents do with their anger issues but you could talk to a school counsellor about yours, or a trusted teacher, or adult. I notice it's been a while since your first post, and would like to know how old are you now?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 07:12 AM
    This was originally posted two-and-a-half years ago. How old are you now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio/stepdad [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a male at the age of 28 and I have a daugheter who is now a year now. My X has now found someone else since we are no longer together. And the problem I'm having is, her new man does not want me near my baby's mother as he fills there may still be something between us. what can I do for him...

Why do I get erections so easly [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I am 15 and I have a girlfriend. I am getting annoyed with my erections. I get erections when I am just making out with her and not doing anything else and I don't want to be aroused. And also sometimes even if we arnt kissing if we get really close I get a erection and I want to be able to just...

Stepdad rights [ 6 Answers ]

In New york do I have any rights to make decision on my 16 year old step daughters life.who she can see where she lives what time she should be home at night etc etc thanks I can really use help here.

Drinking with stepdad [ 46 Answers ]

I am 16 and my mom is going out of town this weekend. My stepdad told me that if I wanted, he would get beer and I could see what it is like to drink alcohol. He says it's better to experiment in a safe environment instead of at a party or something where someone could take advantage of me when I'm...

View more questions Search