Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catrobe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2016, 04:35 PM
    What causes LED light fixtures to malfunction
    LED light fixture has suddenly stopped working. There are no bulbs to replace. What can cause this?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2016, 05:03 PM
    Without more details about your fixture it is difficult to be specific, but in general the weak link is the power supply unit. Note that it may be an integral part of the fixture and therefore non-repairable.

To over-simplify this a bit, LEDs like about 2-3 volts DC. The power supply module will convert your line voltage of 120 volts AC to the required voltage for the LEDs. You rarely see an LED itself go bad, but the components of the power supply wear out just like any electronic component.

This doesn't fix your problem, but I hope the information is helpful.
    WallyH
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2016, 06:00 PM
    Check switches and wire connectors. Pugged in a kitchen? Check GFCI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control does not turn on light. LED does not light up. [ 4 Answers ]

Have Harbor Breeze ceiling fan. Remote works fine on speed buttons and blue LCD light comes on when buttons are pushed. But light button LCD does not light up and light does not turn on.

Dimmer wiring of LED office light fixtures [ 1 Answers ]

We want to add a dimmer to LED light fixtures on a single circuit. An electrician states the dimmer cannot simply be wired into the light switch panel. Each fixture must be individually wired to the dimmer switch. Is he correct, or is he trying to inflate the contract? Thanks.

White rodgers 50a50-241 led dead... no light on led, nothing works [ 0 Answers ]

Is led light supposed to stay on all the time? Mine comes on for 1 second and then goes off (blank) the transformer is powered up (27vac) but control panel and thermostat are dead. Led on controller is out, and thermostat display is blank. Do I have a bad controller? Is there any LED blink for...

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). I have a indoor 15 amp remote control but it does not have ground to it. It's a 2 prong box to connect to a wall outlet and then an appliance or lights to allow the remote to turn it off or on. How can I use it to power on...

Hunter Park Hill Type 2 - Remote LED light on, but Light/Fan not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Remote Control LED light is on, but the Hunter Park Hill Type 2 Model 20578 Light or Fan will not work... why?

View more questions Search