Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blestmotherof3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2016, 12:53 PM
    Rent to Own Properties
    Are there any rent to own properties in my area?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2016, 01:00 PM
    What is your area? Have you called realtors?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 12, 2016, 06:22 PM
    DC? I highly doubt it. DC always has been and always will be an expensive market because of the federal government.

My feeling is that rent to own is absurd. You need the interest deduction. Some sellers will finance a mortgage, but you need excellent credit and a solid income.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2016, 10:43 AM
    Would help to know where you live. Any realtor in your area could help. Look at "www.realtystore.com"
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2016, 11:39 AM
    Is there a reason you can't get a mortgage?

If you are able... there are so many more possibilities because most people selling a property would rather be paid NOW for it rather than carry back the mortgage for a long period. And the risk that goes with it if you do not maintain the property.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2016, 09:42 PM
    Please do the home work before you get involved,

Pros & Cons of Rent-to-Own Homes | Home Guides | SF Gate

Rent to Own Homes - Pros/Cons, Tips, and More | Bankrate.com

AND,

Home Buying: What are the pros and cons of rent/lease to own? - Trulia Voices

I think you do better managing your own affairs, and getting prequalified for a mortgage by using qualified people, like a good broker, or realtor, as a guide through the pitfalls of leasing/renting to own. Preapproval is what gives you leverage and much more options. It starts with understanding your own FREE credit reports.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 05:17 AM
    There are normally some, anywhere you live, Craigslist is a good place to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent exp. On I.c statement is 26500 beginning pre rent is 5500 end pre rent is 4000 t [ 1 Answers ]

Rent expense listed in company's income statement is 26500. Beginning prepaid rent is 5500 and ending prepaid rent is 4000. The amount of cash paid for rent expense during the year is.

Paid rent but got evicted halfway through month. Do I get half a months rent back? [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting evicted for noise complaints. I Paid rent on the first of the month, And received the notice on the sencond. I have to be out on the 16th (halfway through the month). I was wondering if I get a half months rent back?

In case of rent two rents account are opened. Rent received is credited to what? [ 3 Answers ]

In case of rent ,two account may be opened.rent received is credited to rent receivable account;rent paid to rent account.at the end of the year the profit and loss is debited to rent paid and credited with rent receivable.help me in criticizing the above treatment of rent account.

View more questions Search