Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pascoe30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2016, 04:16 PM
    Occupational health signed me back to work but my boss won't let me work.
    Occupational health signed me off today but my boss won't let me return to my original job.
    She has given part of it to another member of staff.
    I hold a full time permanent post and have been doing the job for 6 years.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2016, 04:52 PM
    Were you out on FMLA?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2016, 10:06 PM
    Normally they just have to return you to work, you are normally not guaranteed your old job back.

If this was a formal leave though and approved FMLA leave, (if your company is covered under it, and if you requested it. And that leave was less than 12 weeks.
    How long were you on leave.

But if then, it is only" Employees are also entitled to return to their same or an equivalent job at the end of their FMLA leave"

So if the exact job is not available, it has to be a job equivalent to it, with the same general hours and working conditions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boss won't let me come back to work without doctor release? [ 12 Answers ]

I was off work for three days in California and returned. I was asked for a doctor release a week later and that I could not return till I had one. I don't have a doctors note I was just sick

Can I be sued if I signed a contract to work but got hurt and now can't work? [ 0 Answers ]

I signed a contract to work(independent contractor)but was injured and can't work,. can I still be sued for not going to work even though my dr says its too early?

I have a landscape. Signed on the back in pencil Mr John Taylor 15 Print in Work? [ 0 Answers ]

My picture or lithograph is signed on the back by Mr. John Taylor (with these words under is signature) 15 Print in Works. It is a very pretty landscape. I can send a picture of it to anyone that might be able to help find out which John Taylor he is. The back is yellowed and the lady I bought it...

Can my boss discuss getting back to work with insurance adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

I ripped cartlidge in my wrist.the dr. didn't want me working for four weeks at least when I called my boss to let them know he told me flat out that he will tell workman comp adjuster he has something I can do without using my left arm.insurance adjuster faxed to my dr. that my boss said I just...

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

View more questions Search