Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MukunthFx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2016, 06:03 AM
    Maths Equations Solution
    I have attached the question in image format.

Required with Steps please :)

Thanks in Advance :)
    Attached Images

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 8, 2016, 06:49 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 9, 2016, 05:47 AM
    OK, this is a pretty tricky problem, so I'll give you a hint to get you started. I assume you are familiar with the technique for determining the values of the continued fraction for a number x = [a_0,; a_1, a_2, a_3, ...]. I am not aware of a general technique for determining the value of x given the values of the a's, especially when there are an infinite number of them, as in this problem. So we're going to have to rely on a trick based on the fact that all the a's are the same value. Given a number x, the value of a_0 is the integer portion of x; in this case we know a_0 = 4. To determine subsequent values of the a's you start by subtracting out a_0 (in this case 4), leaving x-4, then take the inverse of that, yielding 1/(4-x). Let's call this new value x_1. The next term a_1 is the integer portion of x_1. But ask yourself this: what is the continued fraction of x_1? Consider the nature of the initial continued fraction with its infinite sequence of the same value - can you conclude something about the continued fraction of x_1 (and x_2, and x_3 etc.) from the fact that the initial continued fraction is an infinite series where all the a's are the same value?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A coin weighs 4.3425 g and is dissolved in 250 mL solution (solution A). Solution D I [ 0 Answers ]

A coin weighs 4.3425 g and is dissolved in 250 mL solution (solution A). Solution D is analysed at 2.39 ppm. What is the concentration of solution B in mgL-1 to 3 significant figures? Answer

Deriving chemical equations from balanced net ionic equations? [ 1 Answers ]

1.) NaCl (aq) + MnO2 (s) -------->Mn2+ (aq) + Cl2 (g) in H2SO4 2.) KCN (aq) + KMno4 (aq) --------> CNO- (aq) + MnO2(s) in KOH

View more questions Search