Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamieslack656 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2016, 03:48 AM
    My computer is being very slow and I have a lot of viruses
    My computer is being very slow and I have a lot of viruses, what should I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2016, 05:53 AM
    Well first get an anti-virus program and try cleaning the viruses out.

Mar 7, 2016, 06:25 AM
    I've already done that, what else can I do because it didn't work

Mar 7, 2016, 06:43 AM
    What AV did you use? What do you mean it didn't work? We can't help you if you don't provide us with details.

One solution would be to do system restore to factory settings. You should have gotten a Recovery disk with the PC or have a Recovery partition on the system that can be used to return to how it was you purchased it. You will then need to run all windows Updates and reinstall all your software.

Mar 7, 2016, 08:02 AM
    I used the red blue and yellow
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieslack656 View Post
    I used the red blue and yellow
    Red, blue and yellow what?

Mar 7, 2016, 09:42 AM
    Um software has names, we have no clue what you are talking about.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2016, 11:14 AM
    Might have to take it to a shop and pay them to do it. It will take a bit more than very basic computer proficiency to unscrew this. If you can't do a system restore. Which in theory should be the easiest option.

If it was me.. I'd zero out the drive... wipe it, then repartition it and reinstall your O/S all using DVD or CD/s as in theory they should be free of any infection. Because there are some nasties out there that will infect the boot sector.

But that's also not a beginners level set of tasks.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2016, 12:48 PM
    My brand new Dell with Windows 10 became infected with adware immediately, probably because I opted out of one or two steps in a very long list of steps to check.
    I restored the system. Easy! Not one piece of anti-virus software out there worked, despite saying they did. I wasted days on them.
    Adware can be nasty and slow, but I guess it isn't really under 'viruses.'
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 02:06 PM
    Also try running malware bytes on your system. It is free. Did you do a boot scan ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me everything you know about computer viruses! [ 3 Answers ]

I have two computers, and they both have viruses. We got internet a few months ago and that's when all this stuff started happening. We were getting all these pop ups saying we had 100's of viruses on one of our computers, when you would get on, everything would be fine for a few minutes and then...

Computer viruses [ 1 Answers ]

How to create benefecial computer viruses using C

Viruses in my computer using windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

this is my hjt log. My computer is running really slow and some times won't load pages at all. Can someone look at my log and give me advice on on how to fix it. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 5:53:45 PM, on 27/02/2008 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE:...

Computer security from viruses and spyware [ 5 Answers ]

What's the best virus protection and spyware protection, I've used mc affee norton kaporski and a few others but none of them seem to be working. Also how do I get stuff that's already on my computer off... I've used a lot of spyware removers and even restored my computer to factory settings and...

Hi there anyone its about computer viruses... [ 5 Answers ]

Firt I want to thank you who every you are by reading this... now I have a computer problem... but I want to know first what is the best anti spy or virus should I use... I have tried spybots, adaware, Microsoft beta, trojan hunter, norton 2005, zero pop-up, spyware doctor, symantic, avast... but...

View more questions Search