Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarkboffin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2016, 01:27 PM
    Aching teeth in upper jaw after being out in cold air
    Hi,

For years now I have general aching in the teeth of my upper jaw after being out in cold air for a few hours or more. I do not experience pain while out in cold air or when sucking in cold air, my teeth are not sensitive. The pain occurs when I get back into a warm environment. When out I'm generally active, e.g hiking.

I regularly visit the dentist, who could not determine the cause of this general pain and my teeth are in good condition, i.e. the usual collection of fillings for a middle aged man.

I suspect the sinuses are involved and normally a warm meal and/or shower helps. On a current winter trip it is lasting longer and more painful than in previous years.

Any ideas on causes and possible prevention out there?

Cheers
    M.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 02:33 AM
    I still would go with a dental issue, does the dentist do detailed x-rays
    tarkboffin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2016, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I still would go with a dental issue, does the dentist do detailed x-rays
    Thanks for the reply, yes had x-rays and dental otherwise good. Had this issue as long as I remember and had multiple dentists over that time, any dental problem should have been picked up by now, I guess.
    hanerykroze Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2016, 02:07 AM
    It is a swear dental problem. Contact to the periodontal in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aching teeth [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are aching.could this be a sign of pregnancy

Aching Back teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dentist last week and found out I need work on my bottom teeth, I now have a shocking cold with blocked sinus and my top back 2 teeth have started to ache something terrible, the dentist couldn't find anything wrong with my top teeth last week is it possible that the ache is due to...

New crown, new bite, aching teeth [ 1 Answers ]

A month ago, my teeth felt completely fine. Then, because my dentist recommended it, I let him pull out an old filling and give me a temporary crown. (He said,"Better tow years too soon than two minute too late.") The molar stopped aching from all the work after a week, but the top and bottom...

Aching teeth 7 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

Hey there, I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have a very sore jaw and teeth - not sure if this is related but has anyone else had this when being pregnant? Any advice would be great.

Upper jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would love it someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my jaw I have oh and I should say that I have upper dentures about a week ago my jaw started hurting where the upper jaw meats the bottom right arcoss from your ear and only when I bite down on something any help please:)

View more questions Search