Am I registered republican or democrat?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 5, 2016, 04:10 PM
    Only the Shadow knows.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 5, 2016, 05:47 PM
    Are you registered to vote? Do you haven a voter's registration card? The information should be on the card. This, of course, assumes you chose either Republican or Democrat when you registered. Could you have chosen to remain unaffiliated or one of the lesser known parties such as Libertarian?

You may be able to look up your voting information (affiliation, voting record, etc.) through your state's election board's website.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2016, 06:34 PM
    In many places you vote, there is no "defining" card. Mine merely says what I am eligible to vote for a certain house or congressional district. We just had the GA primary. Only at the voting location do you declare what party you will vote in, just for the primary. You get a "chip" card and it only brings up the REP or DEM ticket. If you had a REP or DEM "card", you couldn't change to vote for someone outside the party. In a general election, you are just another voter and can vote any party. There have been cases or people voting in one party election primary just to stop another candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Are you registered to vote? Do you haven a voter's registration card? The information should be on the card. This, of course, assumes you chose either Republican or Democrat when you registered. Could you have chosen to remain unaffiliated or one of the lesser known parties such as Libertarian?

You may be able to look up your voting information (affiliation, voting record, etc.) through your state's election board's website.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2016, 08:07 PM
    My voter registration card in Virginia shows no party affiliation at all. Just pertinent numbers Like registration #, the date you registered And other details specific to where etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change my democrat registration into republican? [ 6 Answers ]

It was my first time voting for the next president of the United States of America and also I am Christian. So when I was 18 I was still a democrat then change my mind to a republican, but sometime on the election day I will sometime choose for both republican and democrat but sometimes not all...

Republican/Democrat vs. Welfare [ 17 Answers ]

So, perhaps I should start with a story. A group of friends and a few acquaintances were having a politic discussion. Well, a friend of mine mentioned she was on state medical (she is paralyzed), and a person said something to the effect of, "you must be an Obama lover, most people on Welfare are...

Am I registered as a democrat or republican? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out what political party I am registered with?

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search