Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnnyO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
    How to remove glass block windows
    I have three windows that are glass blocks. They seem to have an aluminum frame around the entire window. I want to replace them with a picture window in the middle and double hungs on each side. Is it possible to knock out the glass block without taking out the aluminum frame?? I'd like to do a California style retro fit so I'd need to keep the frame intact.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Apr 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
    You could use a cement saw and grind a few seams into the grout/cement lines and start gently popping them out, A similar process is removing a broken ceramic tile from a floor you want to keep everything intact. VERY DUSTY JOB. Im sure others will chime in on other methods..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to remove a glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

we bought a condo that has a glass block wall, floor to ceiling, measuring 8.67' x 8.67'. Each block is an 8 " square, 3 " deep. There are a total of 169 blocks. What is the safest, cleanest method of removing it? See attached photo. Thanks Ron

Drilling Glass Block.. . [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings! I want to drill into glass block. I have a good handheld battery drill and a new glass drill bit, any suggestions?

Glass Block on Concreat [ 2 Answers ]

I have just about finished my Basement and I would like to make my bar out of glass block? How would I ancher the blocks to the concreat floor? Should this be done before or after the laminute wood floor is put down? The blocks that I would use are 12X12. Thanks:confused:

Glass Block Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install a glass block shower in my bathroom. I am going to (hopefully) attach the Door directly to the glass block. My understanding is that I put anchors in the morter joints to hold the door. My question is about finishing. How would I finish the block around the door? It...

View more questions Search