Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    art58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2016, 10:19 PM
    Help identify monogram for late 19th early 20th century Dutch artist painter
    I am searching for a name to go with a monogram for a painting which dates to late 19th century or early 20th century. The artist would likely be Dutch or Flemish according to the seller.
    The monogram was barely visible so I tried to lighten the area and bring it out so hopefully you can make it out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images

RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2016, 07:23 AM
    Is the upper image the entire painting, and the lower image the monogram?

Mar 5, 2016, 12:44 PM
    Hello Rick,

Yes, that's correct.

Mar 5, 2016, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Is the upper image the entire painting, and the lower image the monogram?
    Sorry... I replied to my own query. However, yes on both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Artist's signiture 18th 19th century oil painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have some beautiful18th and early 19th century oil on canvas paintings but am struggling with Artists and possible values. The first is signed A. Modigen with 2dots over the O making it difficult to search for information. This painting was my Grandmothers and was in Berlin through WW2. Thanks...

Please Help Identify this artist (19th Century?) [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I recently picked up this antique oil painting at an estate sale. It's an oil on wood signed 'Nils Green 1899'. The frame is nice, but it has a sticker on the back with a framer who most likely reframed the painting sometime in the mid 60's-70's? I've searched everywhere and can't find...

Need help for a early 20th century movie poster [ 0 Answers ]

Well today in a yard sale I pick up 2 curries and ives prints in orig frames But when I got home I saw 2 posters from world wide pictures on the back Movie or something of it was like midnight daddy can't read it all only half of the Poster paper cover is over...

Comedy Movie in late 90's early 20th century - Help please [ 0 Answers ]

I remember an American comedy movie I saw when I was 15 ys old about teenage boy who obsessed about sex & I think he speak to his penis & his penis speak back to him that he start to see women topless & I remember a scene when he went to take a piss in the toilet his mom call him & he zip fast on...

Congress vs. Presidency during the late 20th century [ 3 Answers ]

Who holds the most power and what did the presidents do during this period

View more questions Search