Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetheart9xoxo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2016, 01:16 PM
    No period for February
    First off, I'm 17 and I've never missed a period before that I can remember of (I know I didn't last year at all) I had a normal 6 day period in January around the 20th. In February I I didn't get my period at all not even spotting and I'm now 11 days late. I was sexually active once in February so I took a test last night (at ten days late) but it came back negative. I absolutely have never been this late an I'm freaked out. The most late I've ever been for my period was around 4 days. What should I do? The pregnancy test was negative so is there just something maybe wrong with me? I'm afraid to bring this up to my boyfriend and freak him out just for it to turn out to be nothing. I did have slight feeling like I was going to get my period like a slight pain in my back that I usually get but it was only for a minute or two and then nothing. Please give me some advice!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 01:26 PM
    You stated that you took the pregnancy test at night. Try another test first thing in the morning, using your first pee of the day. If that test is negative, wait another week and test again. If that test is negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, see your doctor for a more accurate blood test.
    Santana_J Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2016, 03:59 PM
    That's hard to say it can be anything. I believe stress can cause something like this, did you start taking any medication or drugs. The best thing to do if you keep coming up negative is to go see a dr.

Mar 6, 2016, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You stated that you took the pregnancy test at night. Try another test first thing in the morning, using your first pee of the day. If that test is negative, wait another week and test again. If that test is negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, see your doctor for a more accurate blood test.
    Okay ill do that. But I won't be able to even attempt to get one until Monday (tomorrow) an by then ill be late by 13 days. Originally in my question I said I was 11 but I was off by a day. I haven't said anything to anyone not even my boyfriend should I just not say anything to him yet? An I keep having pain like I'm going to get it. Usually I get a pain in my back but this is lighter and not the same so should I still be worried abput it if I feel like I might end up getting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Santana_J View Post
    That's hard to say it can be anything. I believe stress can cause something like this, did you start taking any medication or drugs. The best thing to do if you keep coming up negative is to go see a dr.
    I haven't taken any new medication or anything. An I cant go to the dr because my mom would kill.me if I told her I'm really late. She knows I'm sexual active but she's told me before if I ever got pregnant shed make.me get an abortion an I don't want her jumping to things an freaking out
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2016, 02:39 PM
    Cramping, or feeling like you're about to get your period, could mean you are just late and it's coming. But cramping in the first few months of pregnancy, is also very common. Many women are pregnant and have the feeling that their period is coming. I did for all three of my pregnancies. But that's not a diagnosis of pregnancy, so don't take it to mean that you are.

An off period can happen, it happens to all of us at one time or another. A missed period can happen for many reasons, pregnancy, stress, illness, medication, weight loss, weight gain, and many more.

For now I'd test again using first morning urine, when you're able to. If that test is negative, wait and see what happens when your next period is due. If you miss it, test again or see your doctor.

If it were me I'd talk to the boyfriend. No reason you should be going through this worry alone. He's a part of this, no matter what happens, so he should be there for you during this time.

Please let me know how it goes. If it turns out you are pregnant and you need to talk about it, I'm here if you need me.

Mar 6, 2016, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Cramping, or feeling like you're about to get your period, could mean you are just late and it's coming. But cramping in the first few months of pregnancy, is also very common. Many women are pregnant and have the feeling that their period is coming. I did for all three of my pregnancies. But that's not a diagnosis of pregnancy, so don't take it to mean that you are.

An off period can happen, it happens to all of us at one time or another. A missed period can happen for many reasons, pregnancy, stress, illness, medication, weight loss, weight gain, and many more.

For now I'd test again using first morning urine, when you're able to. If that test is negative, wait and see what happens when your next period is due. If you miss it, test again or see your doctor.

If it were me I'd talk to the boyfriend. No reason you should be going through this worry alone. He's a part of this, no matter what happens, so he should be there for you during this time.

Please let me know how it goes. If it turns out you are pregnant and you need to talk about it, I'm here if you need me.
    Okay and thank you for the advice and evrrything
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheart9xoxo View Post
    Okay and thank you for the advice and evrrything
    No problem. Keep me posted. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just had my period on the 4th of February and now it's the 20th and I'm bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I just had my period on the 4th it is now the 20th and I'm bleeding again but only when I use the bathroom and wipe there's blood could it be implantation bleeding my boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex after my period and also a couple days ago I had gone on birth control at the starting of...

Why haven't had my period since February so like 2 months? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is tammy and I haven't had my period since February and I don't know why I'm usually regular and I know I'm not pregnant I haven't had sex yet by the way I'm about to turn 16 in may so ik that I'm still in growing years but I still can't figure out why I haven't started yet I don't...

I had unprotected sex on February 25,26... had my period for only 3 days on march whe [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex on February 25,26... had my period for only 3 days on march when it usually is heavy and last up to 6 or 7 days... that time it was heavy the first day then normal the other two days... this month aprili my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 1st and 2nd and on the 3rd...

I got my period on February 15 ,I didn't get period on march and April [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got period in February 15 2008,I don't get period in march and April but I am getting white discharge some time more

View more questions Search