Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djduensjjxnxbdb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2016, 12:09 AM
    Help me find this quote?
    I have a quote from a book I'm not sure what page it is I was wondering if anyone could tell me?
    The book is: The Americans by Gerald Danzer and the quote is:

"In the 1870s, northern voters grew indifferent to the events in the South. Weary of the 'Negro Question' and 'sick of carpet-bag' government, many Northern voters shifted their attention to such national concerns as the Panic of 1873 and corruption in Grant's administration"

Please and thank u so so much!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 09:20 PM
    It is page 371

It has been quoted over 100 times is a popular reference note
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2016, 07:26 PM
    Easy to give a quote to a search engine. I found the author in about 15 seconds. Try just quoting the very first sentence
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 26, 2016, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by djduensjjxnxbdb View Post
    I'm not sure what page it is I was wondering if anyone could tell me?
    The problem here is there may be multiple printings of any book. So the page number may vary by edition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find this quote? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a quote from a book I believe it's from and I cannot find the page number it is on I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me? Quotes: "the blacks, as a people, are unfitted for the proper exercise of political duties" and "blacks needed a period of probation and instruction" I...

I want to find somewne who can help me translate a quote into Tengwar curisive [ 0 Answers ]

I want to take my favorite books LOTR, and my favorite movie and combine them into a arm band tattoo. I want take the quote from Auntie Mame, "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death" and translate it into the Tengwar Cursive font from the one ring. Any suggestions?

Trying to find the movie that this quote is from... [ 0 Answers ]

What movie has the words "sell cars, save the world and all that jazz"? I am desperate to find out! My buddy asked me and it is bugging the crap out of me that I can't remember!

Looking for definition to a quote can not find the anwser any wher [ 2 Answers ]

Marius was in this first vehement and fascinating period which the grand passion commences

Where ccan I find quote @ Capitalism & Communism [ 1 Answers ]

Some Communist author stated that the USA would not need to be invaded to bring about Communisn.. . "that we will fall from within like over-ripe grapes"

View more questions Search