Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solarpv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2016, 01:04 PM
    Rotor assembly frozen on crankshaft
    I'm in the process of removing the rotor assembly on a 1990's Garden Way Troy Bilt Chipper Vac model 47279 to be able to remove and sharpen the chipping blade. I doubt it had ever been removed before. I used 2 jacking screws, following the instructions in the owner's manual, but the assembly won't budge off the crankshaft. What is the best and easiest way to unfreeze this so it can be removed? Do I risk damaging anything by removing it? I'll be sure to grease it before reassembling.
    Thanks.
    Andy
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 02:14 PM
    After tightening jacking bolts evenly with as much torque as reasonably possible, smack end of shaft with hammer. Give it a good blow.
    solarpv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2016, 08:28 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but nothing worked. It's stuck for good. I give up.
    hlebo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2017, 12:25 PM
    Andy, I have same unit with same problem. I do not have the instructions for how to remove rotor. Can you list instructions here for me ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crankshaft Clip [ 8 Answers ]

We changed out my Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors on my 2006 Nissan Altima yesterday and when we were almost done we broke the green locking piece on the Crankshaft sensor. The Nissan dealership told me I have to replace the whole wiring harness but wouldn't give me much information because they...

What is the assembly dirctions for seat and spring assembly replacement [ 0 Answers ]

I have a single handle shower. The spout is leaking. I bought all new parts but I don't know how to insert the seat and springs. What goes in first and which way do they go

What to do if crankshaft is bent [ 1 Answers ]

What to do if crankshaft is bent

Crankshaft smoothing [ 1 Answers ]

If a crankshaft has scratches on the journal due to main an rod bearing wear,what could I use to make the journals smooth again. Thank you

View more questions Search