Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hiwatari_yuki Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2016, 08:53 AM
    Need school café menu
    We are 7 girls of 8th grade and we are in charge of a school café. We are not really sure what the menu must consist of so we want some suggestions. The climate is incredibly hot in our country so we would prefer cold drinks. But what's more important are the sandwiched and the small snacks like the "mini Pizzi". If you got any suggestions please suggest but remember that we are only 7 and we are still 8 th graders so please be easy on us😊
    Thanks for any kind of help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 2, 2016, 09:06 AM
    Sounds like a fun project.
    First question I have is what you mean by 'must.' Have you been given some rules? A budget? Some foods or drinks that aren't allowed?

I am a big fan of drinks that are watered down, whether natural juices or sodas. The hotter the weather, the more water I put in a drink. So maybe you could offer options based on the cost of a cup, plus free water, plus the cost of what is added, by the ounce. Most people won't add water to carbonated drinks, so lots of ice.
    Mini pizzas can be bought (ugh, not one I like) or home made. Is half an English muffin too big? Do you have English muffins there? Toast lightly, cover with sauce from a jar, cut a store bought meatball into pieces, top with cheese, put under a broiler or toaster oven for 1 minute.
    Cheeses on crackers.
    Sandwiches cut into 4 triangles. Egg salad, tuna salad, ham and cheese, roast beef, chicken salad. Even peanut butter and jelly.
    Chips - potato, corn, veggie
    Little paper cups of dip for chips.
    Yogurt.
    Plain yogurt with add-ins you make, like cut up fruit and or granola.

All of these suggestions are too much work all at once. You could have different menus each day, and decide which ones sell the best. If making little pizzas is too much, buy the store bought ones.

Mar 2, 2016, 09:33 AM
    Well the activity is actually only for a day so... And no we don't have a budget or rules.
    I know that's weird but the whole school is weird so... And it's our ( 7 girls in charge of cafe) last year and all of us really love cafes so we wanted to make one of our own even if only for a day. Sorry I am new to the website and instead of replying to you I am actually answering my question. In other words I am the one who asked the question
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2016, 11:42 AM
    Nutrition is super important. I'm not a health freak, but we are learning more and more much of the artery clogging plaque that will kill you down the road gets deposited in your youth...just because it might not be going on your hips doesn't mean your veins and arteries are spared right now.

Sorry to take some of the fun out of it....but this is one of those things that is fun now..but you pay a high price for it years later.

And you do spend very few years at your age group and a LOT at the ages it will effect you. Strokes and heart attacks aren't unknown or particularly uncommon in people from your ages even through your 30's. Its not just old people it happens to.

With the bubble busting out of the way..there still are fun healthy things you can have. Pizza isn't one of the Healthy things either.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2016, 01:20 PM
    Will you be charging money for the items at your café? Who will be funding this?

Things like apples, bananas, and other fruits, are always a good idea. They're not too expensive, they taste good, and they're healthy.

Mini pizzas are also good, but then you'll need something to cook them in. If you're actually opening this café for the day, that is something you need to consider.

Sandwiches would be easier to make ready to serve. Stay away from peanut butter since it's an extreme allergy for many people. Things like cheese sandwiches with ham, or tuna, cream cheese with cucumber slices, etc.

Chocolate bars, muffins, cupcakes, rice crispy squares, are all great, they keep well, and they sell well.

Cold drinks are also great. Make sure they're bottled or canned because you'll need to keep them in a cooler with ice to keep them cold.

Have fun! :)

Mar 2, 2016, 01:51 PM
    Thank you all but...
    What are rice crispy squares?
    As to for the food it's going to be ready made from home except for some things
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2016, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatari_yuki View Post
    Thank you all but...
    What are rice crispy squares?
    As to for the food it's going to be ready made from home except for some things
    You don't know what rice crispy squares are? OMG! You've been missing out!

Here's the recipe:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...15946447,d.cGc

I like to add a tsp of vanilla extract as well, just makes it taste even better.

Also, if it's ready made from home, than mini pizzas are definitely out. They'd be stale cold mini pizzas. Who would want to eat that?

Mar 7, 2016, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You don't know what rice crispy squares are? OMG! You've been missing out!

Here's the recipe:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...15946447,d.cGc

I like to add a tsp of vanilla extract as well, just makes it taste even better.

Also, if it's ready made from home, than mini pizzas are definitely out. They'd be stale cold mini pizzas. Who would want to eat that?
    Well we are borrowing the school microwave
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2016, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatari_yuki View Post
    Well we are borrowing the school microwave
    Microwaved mini pizzas? Sorry, but... yuck! Ew! I wouldn't be buying that.

I'd stick to stuff that you can sell as fresh as possible, and as tasty as possible.

Mar 9, 2016, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Microwaved mini pizzas? Sorry, but... yuck! Ew! I wouldn't be buying that. I'd stick to stuff that you can sell as fresh as possible, and as tasty as possible.
    You have a point OK thanks

Mar 9, 2016, 08:46 AM
    Ok everyone thanks for your support we will open it tomorrow and I am really nervous Wish me good luck. You are all welcomed 😉

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first post My Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu. Any kind soul please help

TV Menu not working, Remote Menu working but different, so all we can do is watch TV? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I got this JVC television set with the normal cable, 2 red, 2 white, 1 yellow holes in the back. In the front there is the power button, volume button, channel and menu button. The chanel and menu buttons however don't have buttons sticking out so we have to poke things in them to work it. ...

TV Menu not working, Remote Menu working but different, so all we can do is watch TV? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I got this JVC television set with the normal cable, 2 red, 2 white, 1 yellow holes in the back. In the front there is the power button, volume button, channel and menu button. The chanel and menu buttons however don't have buttons sticking out so we have to poke things in them to work it. ...

Small café! [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what kind of license I need to operate a small café in Ohio. Is it called a food permit or something like that??

View more questions Search