Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WHAT77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2016, 12:22 PM
    Important macroeconomics questions
    1.What is the business cycle and its main components? Would you rather live in a world without it? How do you think business cycles and politics are connected and does it present a specific challenge to democracies?

This is a macroeconomics question. Please help me answer this ASAP. i know what a business cycle is and what its main components are. However, i am unsure as of how to answer the second part of the question.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 1, 2016, 12:23 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    WHAT77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2016, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    I don't want you to do the work for me, I want you to help me move in the right direction.

This is what I've got so far The business cycle consists of alternating periods of economic growth and contraction. They are inherent in market economies. Changing forces in supply and demand drives market-based economies. A key measure of cycles is the rise and fall in real GDP, which mirrors changes in employment and other key measures of the macro economy. Although business cycles vary in duration and intensity, one thing they all have in common is the four phases each cycle is divided into; the peak, recession, trough, and recovery. The peak is the phase of the business cycle in which real GDP reaches its maximum after rising during a recovery. The recession is a downturn in the business cycle during which real GDP declines, and the unemployment rate rises. This is also referred to as a contraction. The trough is the phase of the business cycle in which real GDP reaches its minimum after falling during a recession. Finally, the recovery or expansion is an upturn in the business cycle during which real GDP rises.

I think its better to live in a world WITH a business cycle? Do you agree?
    Also I'm not sure what its relation is to politics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A link to ask macroeconomics questions [ 4 Answers ]

Assume Lesotho is facing High level of inflation, as the Governor of the central bank of Lesotho discuss the 3 tools that you and your team can use to control money supply within the economy and how those can be used so as to alleviate the problem of inflation

Hello, what questions are most important to HR when selecting health benefits? [ 1 Answers ]

What metrics are used in saying yes to implementing employee health benefits? What questions need to be answered and which answers are the best?

I need these questions answered fast! Its important! [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to go to college to be a corporate laawyer, is this a good idea? I;v heard many people talking about it being a good job with good pay! But is it fun I want a job with good pay but don't want a job that is boring is being a corporate lawyer boring or is it interesting? Someone help me...

Five most important questions to be answered regarding Catholics and Protestants? [ 4 Answers ]

What would you say are the four or five most important questions that must be asked when examining the claims of the Protestant and Catholic positions? Here are what I believe some of them would be: 1) Was the office of an infallibe Pope with absolute authority spoken of by Christ or the...

2 very important questions [ 22 Answers ]

OK this is a 2 part question... PART 1: my fiancée enjoys anal sex EXTREMELY, we've tried a few times but it doesn't seem to get any better for me. I let him go as long as I can make myself but I would like some tips on relaxing alil more cause we've tried everything we could possibly think of and...

View more questions Search