Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samedo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2016, 05:14 PM
    Problem with access database
    n: QUESTION: Hi Scottgem,

I've been trying to find an awesome place and community like this. I'm tired of seeking endless people that can't help me. I have high hopes with you and I'm sure you'll know how to solve this problem.

I'm working in an organizational structure for a business. I have 3 main tables, materials (including the description of the materials), activities( one activity is made from one or more materials), and laboratories( one laboratory is made from one or more activities). But the thing is that I'm fairly new to access and can't make the relationship to assign activities to laboratories.

I'm using forms in order to assign materials to activities(this part works fine), and activities to laboratories( I don't know why this won't work). I'll attach the structure.

I'll attach the database relationships, I would appreciate simple and patient answers please so that I can fully understand and solve my problem.

Thanks so much in advance

Here's the database https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=file%2caccdb
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2016, 06:16 AM
    OK, I took a look at your database. From what I can tell, frmLabatorios is where you want to assign Activities to the Laboratories. I don't know why you ar using queries as subforms. What I would be doing is using the Form Wizard to create a form bound to tblLaboratoriaActividad. And then embed that subform on that table linked on the Laboratory ID. On that subform, you should have a combobox that looks up against tblActividades to select the Activity ID.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access Database [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to flag information in an access database so that the same data cannot be input twice? I work with a vehicle control system but some of the vins are showing up more than once. I think more than one person in the office may have entered the same paperwork or two people registered...

Access Database [ 5 Answers ]

I keep getting this error message, what should I do? I tried to delete the record where the error appears but the system won't allow me to. (The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.)

Inserting an aprostrophe into an Ms access database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have the ffg code so far, which inserts info into the database. But how do I go about inserting/ writing code to insert a surname like O'Reily (take not of the aprostrophe) into the database. Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class Form1 Public cn As OleDbConnection ...

Using access create database [ 3 Answers ]

To all. I'm need you all help, how to using Microsoft access create a database. Sample like I want record all the stock in my database and how to using Html interface link to the database. :(

View more questions Search