Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cathiro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2016, 10:56 AM
    Bird mites
    Will boric acid work better than borax to kill bird mites?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 28, 2016, 06:16 PM
    If the mites eat the boric acid, yes. Boric acid is a stomach poison. The borax available on the market is a detergent containing boric acid salts. It works by surface contact, dissolving the cuticle of the exoskeleton and dehydrating the insect.

A much faster way to kill bird mites is the use of a pyrethroid insecticide, which interferes with insect nervous systems. Diatomaceous earth is slower but still faster than borates.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 29, 2016, 04:22 AM
    Catsmine - is it true that bird mites are extremely difficult to get rid of, no matter what method?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 29, 2016, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Catsmine - is it true that bird mites are extremely difficult to get rid of, no matter what method?
    The problem is always getting rid of the source. Often that is a bird's nest in the eaves or a rodent's nest in the walls. Once the source is removed, eliminating them is fairly straightforward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bird Mites [ 3 Answers ]

I am from Mumbai, India. My home is infested with bird mites since last many months. We threw out all furniture and sprayed cypermethrin on all the walls of the home. No respite. Here in India, the Pest control companies do not have much knowledge of bird mites. Hence I have been up to search on...

Creepy film evil boy on farm turns into a bird or sees through eyes of a bird [ 4 Answers ]

What I remember of the film An old big (tall) wooden? Farmhouse. Located I think in the USA. The family had European connections. The boy was bad or evil or misunderstood (not sure) He could either turn into or see through the eyes of a flying bird. This is something I think that was passed...

Invisible mites = Pepper Mites = Bird Mites [ 0 Answers ]

See " http://www.ehow.com/how_6210573_rid-black-pepper-mites.html" for this. I've had the same thing for months on end; nightmare. Went to dermatologists; they said it was a dermatitus needing special shampoos. Shampoos helped temporarily (kind of chemicals seemed to break down mite's...

I need information on bird mites, please help [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 year old woman from India. No one here seems to have much information on Bird mites. I know my husband and I have a home infestation from these as we’ve seen them on our black pillow cases. They appear to be whitish in colour and are the size of about a dot. We called a reputed pest...

Bird Mites - Using Borax to Kill Them [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering,I actually have some borax (borax pentahydrate) which is not mixed with anything at all.I bought it that way as I heard it was good as a pesticide.Now I am wondering how strong should I make it? I was scooping some out to dilute in water,and after a couple of minutes it...

View more questions Search