Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2016, 07:27 AM
    Oatmeal and Barley Are They Healthy Or Not
    I get mixed reviews on whether oatmeal and barley healthy for eatting.

I am not a celiac.

In your opinion is it healthy to eat these foods or better to stay away from them.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2016, 10:16 AM
    Yes, they are healthy. Like any healthy food, there is nothing magic or curative about one food. They are best eaten unprocessed, but I eat oatmeal that is the 5 minute kind rather than the soak overnight and cook for an hour kind, or the 1 minute kind. Barley is sweetish so goes nicely with other grains. I tend to eat a lot more rice than either oats or barley, but that's just me.

Like any healthy food, they are best when eaten as part of a wide and varied diet. THERE ARE NO MAGIC BULLETS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can puppies eat oatmeal? [ 5 Answers ]

I Can Barley Taste [ 10 Answers ]

So I'm kind of sick, but not terrible like I just have a runny nose and sometimes stuffy it keeps changing... but it's like when I eat I can barley taste the food I have a weird taste in my mouth..

How can I achieve the Oatmeal color, MJ in 87-88 era. [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible, to use monobenzone, Or something else And only become, what Michael Jackson was in 87-88 This oatmeal, color, without becoming plain white, as he ended up to be. And stop it there,

AC Runs all time, barley cools [ 1 Answers ]

My AC unit runs constantly, slightly cool air comes from registers, to get the house cool I have to set themostat to a real low setting, I replaced the filter, I vacuumed out the inside coil, now the system is just barely working, one repair tech showed me that the issue is with freon leaks on the...

Can barley hear [ 1 Answers ]

First thing is first. Im 18 years old. I listen to loud music on occasion but not often. About 2 weeks ago my right ear was muffled. I could barley hear out of it. And it never went away and actually its in both ears now for about a week. And it seems to be getting worse. I don't want to go...

View more questions Search