Ask
    Jennifer Sims Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2016, 05:59 AM
    5 month old baby
    My 5 month old baby has a cold
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2016, 07:52 AM
    Babies tend to get colds. Treat the symptoms and keep baby hydrated.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2016, 10:39 AM
    As J_9 said, treat symptoms for comfort. Most recent recommendation is to avoid cold medicines with babies and young children.

If needed, saline nose drops might be considered, along with a nasal aspirator for nasal congestion ( really only necessary if congestion makes breathing or feeding difficult), a humidifier can help ( be sure to clean regularly), slightly elevate head of mattress ( you can buy wedge for this very purpose), and offer plenty of fluids.

When in doubt, a quick call to the baby's doctor, or asking the pharmacist, can give you some peace of mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 month baby [ 1 Answers ]

My two months baby has little white dots around his finger nails what can it be because he also has the dots on his face

8 month baby [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 months old she has done nothing but cry for 4 hours now I have giving her Motrion and teething tablets but nothings helping.She keeps holding her ears but she just got off antibiotic 2 days ago. What should I do

Purity baby food for 4 month old baby? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there puity baby food for 4 month old baby

Month old baby [ 2 Answers ]

My baby boy is a month old and he seems to have a lot of spots and a bit of a rash on his face and neck. The health visitor says its milk spots. What are milk spots and will they go? Thanks

My 2 month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 month old baby has a black spot in the middle of his tongue for a week should be worried

View more questions Search