Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lifeisruined Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2016, 04:50 AM
    Lost iPod HELP!
    Well my boyfriend ended up losing his iPod at school. Im so scared because there's things on that iPod that shouldn't be seen. So is it possible to hack it? Or find it? Can apple help or even the police? He didn't activate "Find my ipod" and he doesn't know the serial number for it. And he never connected it to his laptop. My friends friend said he was able to hack into his icloud but he couldn't find any pictures on it. Does that mean the person reset it? The pictures are from ages ago but does icloud keep pictures for long? As far as I know he has a password on his iPod but I'm sure its not that hard to get into an iPod. Is there other ways or am I done for? I already got kicked out the house and I do accept my punishment and I hate myself so much for what I did. So is there a way? Also what would you do if you found a iPod at school that had a broken screen and a password? Also are they able to get into the iPod?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2016, 05:07 AM
    If you try a passcode so many times and don't use the right passcode, the person would be locked out permanently. The only way to restore it that I know of is to reset it to it's factory setting meaning original setting. That removes all data from the device. I doubt if it removes data from iCloud though. The person who has it now is probably happy about having the device and could care little about the data that was on there. So it might be a lot of drama about nothing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2016, 05:41 AM
    Your boyfriend lost his ipod, yet YOU got thrown out of the house, and hate yourself. Makes a lot of sense, NOT.

Life isn't ruined. The person who found it either played around with it for a while and gave up, or is going to sell it for parts. No one cares what's on it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2016, 09:17 AM
    Yes, it's possible to hack it. Unlikely for the average person, but possible nonetheless.

Take ken this as a lesson learned to to send, or have pictures taken, of a provocative nature. Once a nude picture is taken via electronic devices, assume it will be shown yo many people.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2016, 09:46 AM
    Make this a learning experience... don't keep things on your iPod or cell phone that shouldn't be seen.

ASSUME the possibility exists... and act accordingly.

Any nudies you send to another person might endup up on the internet for everyone to see... usually happens when a relationsip goes bad.. like they usually do at your ages. And once its out... it can never be brought back. Millions will see them.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2016, 03:09 PM
    Have you tried asking at the lost & found ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find my lost iPod in a corn maze [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a corn maze and I was jumping around and my iPod fell out out of my hoodie pocket some how and now I can't find it! HELP!

Lost my music from iPod and itunes! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recently had my iPod touch tested in "accordance with Apple service procedure" to find out why it has to be charged so often as it doesn't seem to hold a charge very well, they said that no problem was found. The iPod was reconfigured and I have now lost all my music, photos and games...

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earpho [ 1 Answers ]

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earphones. What I want to know is how to stop it on the Ipod so that it only comes through the ear phones when they are commected

Help finding lost iPod touch? [ 1 Answers ]

We've been shopping for a new couch and we went to rotmans today. While we were testing out different couches, my iPod touch fell out of my pocket. We looked at every couch but could not find it. I have the serial number,is there anything I can do to get it back? Please help!!

How do I tell my cousin that I've lost her Ipod? [ 11 Answers ]

A few months ago- my cousin leant me her Ipod shuffle. I've had it for a while, And I recently lost it- I've looked all over and I can't find it anywhere. She hasn't asked for it back yet- but I know she's going to want it sometime, and I have to tell her- I just don't know how to. Please...

View more questions Search